Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Currently stuck at CDG, plz help w best options! (Eurowings)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Currently stuck at CDG, plz help w best options! (Eurowings)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Currently stuck at CDG, plz help w best options! (Eurowings)

Hello,

I ve found a lot of useful info on this forum, but never posted anything, until now.

Currently stuck att CDG with family.
Supposed to travel EW 9405 CDG to DUS w original dep time 4.55 pm and then onwards on EW 9224 DUS GOT with a dep time of 6pm.

Still at CDG with no info on departure, gate agent said inbound flight has not left DUS yet.... Cant seem to track departures from here.

Please help me, its all book on one ticket throug a third party (Bravofly).
What are my best options? What are my rights? What am I entitled to?

I'm with two children aged 6 and 10.
Can you, dear FT memebers help me with my best options?

Thank you

Chelise
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by Chelise
Hello,

I ve found a lot of useful info on this forum, but never posted anything, until now.

Currently stuck att CDG with family.
Supposed to travel EW 9405 CDG to DUS w original dep time 4.55 pm and then onwards on EW 9224 DUS GOT with a dep time of 6pm.

Still at CDG with no info on departure, gate agent said inbound flight has not left DUS yet.... Cant seem to track departures from here.

Please help me, its all book on one ticket throug a third party (Bravofly).
What are my best options? What are my rights? What am I entitled to?

I'm with two children aged 6 and 10.
Can you, dear FT memebers help me with my best options?

Thank you

Chelise
Your best option is to deal with EW directly. Since you are in Europe you are covered under EU 261, so they are obliged to take care of you. There are two types of right your have, "care" and "compensation". Under the care right they have to provide you with a hotel and food if they cannot get you to your destination today. Under the compensation right they have to provide each of you with a certain amount, depending on the distance and the delay. It shouldn't matter who the ticket was booked through unless it is a consolidator that sells bulk tickets, in which case I am not sure what the rights are.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Extremely unfriendly ground staff here.
They Will only say "everything is fine, you will make it home"
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Check what possible alternative routings you have to get you home today. Primarily using Lufthansa group options as you're more likely to get them to do so. After that look at any Star Alliance options, as EW is a Star Alliance affiliate. But they won't potentially put you on another routing until it's obvious you will miss your connection/last EW flight to GOT.

If there is a nonstop option also have that info handy but as it most likely won't be on a Lufthansa group you may get push back on that.

Be reasonable but steadfast with the staff.

Also, if things really go south check routings first on EW and then on Lufthansa Group airlines for tomorrow incase so you get put on the flights that best fit your needs.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Although beware with proactively self-rebooking. You may lose your EC261 claim and have trouble claiming the cost of the new flights back from EW. You should deal with EW directly.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by drminn
Under the compensation right they have to provide each of you with a certain amount, depending on the distance and the delay.
The duty of care applies regardless, but the right to compensation exists only when the reason for the delay is within the control of the airline. As we do not know the reasons for the delay this may not yet give rise to an automatic right to compensation.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The duty of care applies regardless, but the right to compensation exists only when the reason for the delay is within the control of the airline. As we do not know the reasons for the delay this may not yet give rise to an automatic right to compensation.
Well the reason of the delay is that they don't have an aircraft - last time I checked any cause for delays not at your flight origin (CDG) or destination in case of weather (DUS) have no bearing on the compensation.

Let us know how all this ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.