DFW to FRA 7/5-7/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW to FRA 7/5-7/15

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage (Gold lifetime), UAL Mileage Plus (ex-Executive Plat); Marriott Platinum for life
DFW to FRA 7/5-7/15

5 of us are looking for Biz Class tix and fares have now suddenly all gone up from the weekend. Dramatically.

Prefer DFW-FRA nonstop, but could do layovers in LHR or CDG. Or some open-jaw combination. Flexibility to travel late on 7/4 and/or come back on 7/16 if fares are substantially less.

What is likelihood of fares coming back down one more time (and not just last-minute)? Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The chances of a flight dropping after a major US holiday during peak times is rather slim.

Search using: ITA Matrix, Kayak.com or Google.com/flights.

FT doesn't have access to any secret airfares.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Looks like cheapest direct fare is $3526/pp, bunch of options with one stop for $3513/pp.

As mentioned above, search for fares.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage (Gold lifetime), UAL Mileage Plus (ex-Executive Plat); Marriott Platinum for life
I appreciate everyone's input.

I think my best bet is to try to use Miles to get to JFK and then fly Biz out of JFK. Fares are appreciably lower. Even after burning through miles or $s to get there, it looks like I'd save $.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Don't forget PHX, AUS, ORD & PHL too.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Any chance you have some UA miles or UR stocked away? Crazily there are 5 seats open for the outbound DFW - FRA direct but you'd need to figure out how to get back home (no award availability I can see on the return).
Old May 23, 2017, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Bummer, Duke...I only have AMEX MR pts (275K) and AA miles (225K) and Marriott (225K pts). I appreciate the heads-up though!
Old May 23, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
As you are willing to connect, don't forget about looking at other options in Europe, not just in the US, as train service is very good.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tstall3
Bummer, Duke...I only have AMEX MR pts (275K) and AA miles (225K) and Marriott (225K pts). I appreciate the heads-up though!
That AMEX should be enough to redeem DFW - FRA using Aeroplan. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for free and confirm that space is (or isn't) available on Aeroplan and for what amount

Still leaves the issue of needing to get home
Old May 23, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Good call -- hadn't considered AEROPLAN, but now having read more about it, I don't have to live/travel in Canada to get good use out of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.