Wiki Posts
Search

Routing HELP: STT-BNA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Routing HELP: STT-BNA

Hey y'all,

I am looking for help for a last minute award booking. Looking for two tickets from STT-BNA. I have a fair amount of UR points and some excess united and SWA points. I just would like to avoid using ~~35k UR points per ticket either through UR portal or full fare econ UA award.

I am down to get creative in these solutions, whether it be through use of multiple point currencies or by paying for positioning flight...

The trip would be STT-BNA on July 31st for 2 passengers.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

I have worn out my knowledge of trying to make it work through SJU but am having trouble finding any significant savings that get us back sunday night. Monday August 1st is potentially an option if the savings are significant enough
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
So if i am understanding understanding correctly you are looking for a one way flight on July 31 or possibly Aug 1. Sounds like you're pretty flexible in your flight times. If this is the case, this would be a perfect opportunity to try priceline name your own price. I would low ball them and see if you get lucky. Using 35,000 UR points seems a little steep to me.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
So if i am understanding understanding correctly you are looking for a one way flight on July 31 or possibly Aug 1. Sounds like you're pretty flexible in your flight times. If this is the case, this would be a perfect opportunity to try priceline name your own price. I would low ball them and see if you get lucky. Using 35,000 UR points seems a little steep to me.

Interesting, never tried that before. will give it a shot, would rather not use much cash but the 35k for that flight is painful to book
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by newguy2321
Interesting, never tried that before. will give it a shot, would rather not use much cash but the 35k for that flight is painful to book

This may not work anymore. I just checked Priceline's site and it appears the name your own price doesn't work for one way travel. I know it used to but I didn't see an option to do it.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Bite the bullet.

You want award travel during peak season from a tourist attraction in the last minute?

You should be lucky if you can even get a seat.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
...peak season from a tourist attraction in the last minute?.
Peak season? July in the Caribbean is hurricane season. Peak season is in the winter.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Peak season? July in the Caribbean is hurricane season. Peak season is in the winter.
Ya, I mean I get that it's a Sunday return from a beach in the summer, but def not "peak". Think I'm gonna continue to monitor each day and hope for some openings.

Might keep an eye out for SJU flights back, use a repositioning flight from stt to SJU on JB to fulfill that VA promo
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:44 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Welcome to FT, newguy2321. Since your query includes multiple options that are not specific to Chase, I'm going to move it over to the Information Desk. Please follow the conversation over there. Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: All of them, Katie
One way tickets on Southwest Aug 1 from SJU to BNA are only $214 or 13k points transferred from UR each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.