Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel Cancel. Refund? Help!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: sansol

I have a hotel reservation for next week, which i booked using hotwire Hotrate deals. There is a change of plans, and won't be checking into the hotel.
Spoke to Hotwire customer support last night. they said if it's a medical emergency they would need a note. There is no medical emergency.
They weren't even ready to give me a credit.
Thinking of calling chase sapphire customer support for refund under trip protection.

What do you guys suggest.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by sandeepsolanki
I have a hotel reservation for next week, which i booked using hotwire Hotrate deals. There is a change of plans, and won't be checking into the hotel.
Spoke to Hotwire customer support last night. they said if it's a medical emergency they would need a note. There is no medical emergency.
Thinking of calling chase sapphire customer support for refund under trip protection.

It's going to sound harsh, but your best and, in fact, only option in a non-emergency situation is sucking it up. Sapphire shouldn't be able to help you, either. You (should have) read Hotwire's terms and conditions before reserving a Hot Rate hotel. They are nonrefundable for a reason - that's the game you play with Hotwire and Priceline.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by sandeepsolanki

Is the reason for your change of plans a covered event under Chase's trip cancellation coverage? If so, then Chase should reimburse you; if not, not.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I suggest that you move on. You bought a non-refundable hotel room. You will not get a refund or credit from Hotwire. You will not get a refund from your credit card company. Next time, don't use Hotwire and book with a refundable rate if you want to be able to get a refund when your plans change.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: sansol
Lesson Learned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.