Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

ARN-PHL - Which airlines allow me to prebook exit row?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium

Hi,

Because of my height (6'2" = 192cm) I normally fly business class but I thought an economy flight would be bearable if I could guarantee (at time of booking) extra leg room (such as an exit row).

Which airlines allow me to do this for ARN to PHL and/or New York (probably open jaw)?

I'm AB Gold and TK Gold if that helps.

Many thanks for your help.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

unfortunately an exit row will never be "guaranteed." Due to the potential for equipment changes and other things that can happen, a specific seat is never guaranteed.
That being said, if you pay extra for an economy plus or similar product on a carrier with a whole section of these seats, you're far more likely to be able to keep a seat in that mini cabin (for example Main Cabin Extra on American, Economy Plus on United, and whatever the new name for Economy Comfort is on Delta). There is still the possibility you'll get downgraded.
note this is different from straight up Premium Economy cabins, which would be several hundred dollars more but would be more of a guarantee
Old May 18, 2015, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I ended up booking with Air Berlin. My AB Gold status let me book exit row seats at the time of booking for no extra charge.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I ended up booking with Air Berlin. My AB Gold status let me book exit row seats at the time of booking for no extra charge.
Just for the record (or the next time):
Your AB Gold status means you have oneworld sapphire status, which would have allowed you to select Main Cabin Extra (extra legroom seating; I'm an inch taller than you and find these to have adequate legroom) and exit row seating on American Airlines and free exit rows on US Airways flights at the time of booking. AA even lets you check if they are available before booking the ticket (via "view available seats" on aa.com).

Another oneworld airline to consider on this route offering complimentary extra-legroom seating courtesy of your Sapphire status is Finnair (exit rows and economy comfort).
Old May 18, 2015, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Adam1222
unfortunately an exit row will never be "guaranteed." Due to the potential for equipment changes and other things that can happen, a specific seat is never guaranteed.
That being said, if you pay extra for an economy plus or similar product on a carrier with a whole section of these seats, you're far more likely to be able to keep a seat in that mini cabin (for example Main Cabin Extra on American, Economy Plus on United, and whatever the new name for Economy Comfort is on Delta). There is still the possibility you'll get downgraded.
note this is different from straight up Premium Economy cabins, which would be several hundred dollars more but would be more of a guarantee
C+ (for the question about DL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.