Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

multi-city award within Europe using miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

I'll need to fly to five different destinations (all within Europe) and am wondering whether there's an efficient way to redeem miles for an itinerary such as HEL-FRAx-BUDx-MUCx-LHRx-DUS (order of the destinations is somewhat flexible, so OW and *A would work).

The AA distance-based award chart would have been great for this, but unfortunately AA discontinued those awards

NH used to allow up to four (?) stopovers on awards, but that no longer seems to be the case either.

JL still seems to calculate the number of miles based on the total distance (regardless of number of stopovers), so that could be an option, though between the somewhat expensive award chart and YQ it's probabably not the best option.

CX seems to work in a similar way, but their award chart is cost-prohobitive.

BA Avios isn't a bad option (since I could use AY/BA/AB for most/all flights), but I was wondering whether there's any better option?

Last edited by Jasper2009; May 11, 2015 at 4:02 am
Old May 11, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

BA Avios should certainly be used for the flights in and out of LON, because of the availability of economical "Reward Flight Savers," which have low cash components. And BA redemptions on AB have no surcharges (but taxes still apply).
Old May 11, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'll need to fly to five different destinations (all within Europe) and am wondering whether there's an efficient way to redeem miles for an itinerary such as HEL-FRAx-BUDx-MUCx-LHRx-DUS (order of the destinations is somewhat flexible, so OW and *A would work).
What FFP's do you have miles/points with?
If the order is flexible FRA-MUC-BUD by train maybe a better option
Low cost carriers are another option
Keep your ff miles/points for long haul awards.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What FFP's do you have miles/points with?
If the order is flexible FRA-MUC-BUD by train maybe a better option
Low cost carriers are another option
Keep your ff miles/points for long haul awards.
I generally agree and usually only redeem for long-haul awards, except when it comes to BA Avios which I exclusively use for short-haul awards.

Taking the train within Germany definitely is an option, assuming the trains will eventually be running again more reliably than right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.