Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Points Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Newbie Points Question

New to the points/miles game here. Recently got a Chase Sapphire Preferred and have about 70,000 points thus far. I've read that booking travel with points through Ultimate Rewards is generally less preferable than transferring points to a partner and booking through them, as you can frequently get better value.

I was looking for a flight on US Air, which translated to about 21,000 UR points on the UR portal. Booking through US Airways' site for the same flight resulted in a 50,000 point cost. So the question here is, what's the strategy for maximizing point redemptions for travel? Either I'm not going about this the right way, or UR points are significantly more valuable in this instance.

Any tips anyone has would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Since your question pertains to a specific award program with its own dedicated forum here on FT, it is off topic for the Info Desk forum, so this thread has been closed. (Please see the Read Before Posting announcement at the top of this forum for more detailed guidance.)

Please take a look at the various existing discussion threads about UR redemptions in the Chase | Ultimate Rewards forum, some of which are stickied to the top of the forum. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...e-rewards-722/

If you still need advice on using your URs after reading through the forum, you will get the best feedback by posting your additional questions there.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 8, 2015 at 9:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.