Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Which FFP to use?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Help! Which FFP to use?

Morning All, this may be an easy question to answer for some on here yet I need some help please. I am flying the following route: LHR-DXB-KUL (EK metal) in A. Then KUL - MEL (EK metal) also in A. Finally MEL-DXB-LHR (QF metal) in A. All flights are QF ticketed and in First (A).
Now my questions:
I understand BA does not credit tp due to EK not being OW!? Which ffp is best here to maximise status credits?
In terms of lounge access, which lounge can I access in LHR? The Emirates or BA First in T3?
Finally I do not have any status with any OW or EK. Yet am based in London and will be flying OW more frequently now, mainly APAC region. So thinking of QF maybe?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good evening Davelhr Welcome to FT

By "QF ticketed" do mean all flights have a QF flight number?
If QF flight numbers lounge access information is on the QF web site. Expect it will not BA

Reports here in FT indicate AA miles/status is earned with QF flights on EK aircraft
Look on the BA forum about earning BA avios/status on QF flights on EK aircraft. Has been discussed.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tive-club-446/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-emirates.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-points.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ht-number.html

QF is poor ffp, especially if not living in Australia.
BA or AA are better. But depends on your travel profile and freq flyer objectives
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 7, 2015 at 3:15 am
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the response and plenty of references! Yes all flights have QF flight numbers. I am confused as the BA site seems to contradict in terms of granting tp for EK operated flights.

I looked at AA, issue here is I would not be flying AA at all. I very rarely fly outside of APAC and EMEA. Looks like on BA I may not achieve elite status yet at least have some Avios and will get TPs for the QF operated leg. So BA may be the winner for me. Next question would be, should I use a household account with BA?

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:02 am Reason: Posts merged. Welcome to FT! Rather than quoting yourself in a second post, please use the "edit" button to add to your post.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You will not get BA TPs on a QF-numbered flight operated by EK metal (but you would earn Avios).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You will not get BA TPs on a QF-numbered flight operated by EK metal (but you would earn Avios).
Thanks for confirming all.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:04 am
Suspended

To answer some of your remaining questions, the lounge for you on the outbound will be the EK lounge in T3. It's pretty good as these things go.

In terms of crediting your miles, the logical choice is of course EK, since you get miles and status credit for all your flights. QF is a poor programme, especially if you don't fly to Australia a lot. Crediting your return flights to BA is an option QF metal/QF flight number if you are going to be doing more OW flying later in the year. Note that for any BA status you'll need four BA metal flights during your membership year.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Hmm. I thought I made up my mind, now reconsidering. You're right in terms of meeting the 4 flight requirement to obtain status, this is something I have always struggled with as I fly different airlines all the time. It may be worth starting with EK, get my miles and status and hope they make it into OW or SA sometime in the future
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Just had a look at the EK, her is what they say in terms of getting status miles for flihts with QF flight number:
Can I earn Tier Miles on flights operated by Qantas?

You will earn Tier Miles on Qantas-operated flights with an EK flight number. Tier Miles will not be available on any flights with a QF flight number.

Please note that Skywards Miles will be awarded on Qantas operated flights and Qantas link scheduled services only, and will not be earned on codeshare flights.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Davelhr
Just had a look at the EK, her is what they say in terms of getting status miles for flihts with QF flight number:
Can I earn Tier Miles on flights operated by Qantas?

You will earn Tier Miles on Qantas-operated flights with an EK flight number. Tier Miles will not be available on any flights with a QF flight number.

Please note that Skywards Miles will be awarded on Qantas operated flights and Qantas link scheduled services only, and will not be earned on codeshare flights.
Well, that does stink doesn't it. I must admit that I didn't know that, so it may be that your only choice is QF. Your other option remains AA, which is a pretty good programme, and I'm pretty sure that EK-operated, QF-ticketed flights qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.