LAX to Baghdad (Iraq)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to Baghdad (Iraq)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
For your outbound, I wouldn't worry about the connection, if you're remotely on time then you have plenty of time to connect. If you miss it there is another flight 2 hours later that still gives you plenty of time, now if that one has any seats in F on day of departure is another story but you'd get to ORD.
By all means do not increase your connection time in PHX. You will want to get to the RJ check-in at ORD as early as possible. It is also advisable to reconfirm, by telephone, your flight with RJ 24 hours prior to flight. Be sure to travel not just with your AA PNR locator but also with the ticket number and RJ PNR locater number.

Originally Posted by dvs7310
You could spend a hand full of Avios and take the RJ flight BGW back to AMM where you'd have a wee hours LH flight timed much more favorably.
I would not advise doing this as it would mean traveling on two different tickets on two different airlines. If the flight out of BGW is delayed or cancelled, you'd be scrambling to rebook your flights out of AMM yourself.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Don't forget the trip insurance.
Think THAT would be kind of on the high side for this particular trip
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Indelaware

I would not advise doing this as it would mean traveling on two different tickets on two different airlines. If the flight out of BGW is delayed or cancelled, you'd be scrambling to rebook your flights out of AMM yourself.
While true, it is more risky, even if someone has a single ticket on TK, you're still most likely to be stuck rebooking flights yourself. As much as I like TK, they don't handle issues on UA issued tickets well.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:39 am
Suspended

Dont mind me asking,is there a reason why you want to go to Baghdad withouth having anybody aranging theese rather mundane aspects of your trip for you??,normally when people go to theese kind of destinations there are somebody to do that.Are you a tourist,or somthing vauely similat to that,like a "country counter" ??
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geirfugl
Dont mind me asking,is there a reason why you want to go to Baghdad withouth having anybody aranging theese rather mundane aspects of your trip for you??,normally when people go to theese kind of destinations there are somebody to do that.Are you a tourist,or somthing vauely similat to that,like a "country counter" ??
I'm going on the pilgrimage to visit the shrines of Holy figures in Karbala and Najaf. Since they are on the South side of Iraq, those places are comparatively safer.

There are hundreds of groups that take you there from all around the world, but they charge a lot. Secondly, you have to be with them during the travel and since they have specified travel dates, it is difficult to find award tickets on their dates. Thirdly, they travel in economy and I wanted to use my miles for business or first class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.