Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are these taxes correct on BA for AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Are these taxes correct on BA for AA

I see taxes of $304 for DUS-ORD on AA economy nonstop booked on ba.com and 25k avios. Is this correct or a glitch? I checked AMM-JFK and it was $350 economy on RJ one way.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same question as your other thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ll-sudden.html
You are confusing real taxes and BA carrier imposed fees (YQ surcharge) on awards using BA avios
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by flatseatlover
I see taxes of $304 for DUS-ORD on AA economy nonstop booked on ba.com and 25k avios. Is this correct or a glitch? I checked AMM-JFK and it was $350 economy on RJ one way.
German taxes are fairly high and make up most of the $96.70 in taxes, BA surcharges make up the rest. You can avoid those surcharges by flying AB instead if seats are available, or using miles from AA or another program that does not charge surcharges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.