Wiki Posts
Search

Best RTW rewards?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
Best RTW rewards?

What are the best airlines to redeem a business class rtw ticket in terms of number of miles required? I'm interested in taking advantage of that because the leverage is massive. 16 business class flights for 300,000+ miles and one can split up the flights over a year with a stopover in your home city if you start from another country. I'm interested if anyone knows if there is an airline that has it lower, as 300,000 miles will take me years to earn.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:32 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by dcflyer10
16 business class flights for 300,000+ miles and one can split up the flights over a year with a stopover in your home city if you start from another country. I'm interested if anyone knows if there is an airline that has it lower, as 300,000 miles will take me years to earn.
Which mileage program are you talking about? There are not that many programs that actually have a RTW award, and those that do have different flight allowances and stopover rules, and their miles are worth different amounts anyway so a 200k award in one program may be equivalent to a 300k award in another.

AA for example discontinued their Explorer Award earlier this year.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by nux
Which mileage program are you talking about? There are not that many programs that actually have a RTW award, and those that do have different flight allowances and stopover rules, and their miles are worth different amounts anyway so a 200k award in one program may be equivalent to a 300k award in another.

AA for example discontinued their Explorer Award earlier this year.
Yes a lot of information needs to be added. In my case I would need 2, we would prefer DL because we have 450K miles and GL status until 2/15. But We do have 110K UA and 250K UR's. We could open UA cards to add to it. Can you open CC's to add to your total? Alliances make a big difference of how it can be worked out.
We haven't really looked at it this, but this is the type of information people would need to help you. In my case if we did this my wife could fly on one Alliance and myself on another if the times could be worked out. In your case it sounds like only 1 ticket is needed? Also were would you like to start from( Canada and Mexico are the closest), when and were would you like to finish and time of year can also make a difference. High milage redemtion or low to find the type of seats for the lowest amount of points. Good luck it sounds like a great idea, have fun.
Sorry for the length but is really does sound like fun and something many people out there might be interested in. I know there was a thread of this sort of thing 1-2 years ago.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Oct 5, 2014 at 10:39 am
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The rules are different for award RTW tickets, and offer a more limited number of stopovers and flight segments.

SQ has a RTW business award for 240K miles, up to seven stopovers.
Delta allows 6 stopovers, 280K for business.
United has a RTW award, but at 350K miles so point-to-point awards may be a better deal and more flexible.

I noticed this web page has some general information about award RTWs that may be useful.
http://travelisfree.com/2014/02/06/f...world-tickets/
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:04 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Delta RTW is stopping in January so book fast if interested

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.