Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip ideas from NY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Trip ideas from NY

I am looking to take a vacation around December 2014 or January 2015. I have 50,000 miles through United and American Airlines (and a little through Chase Sapphire).

Me and my girlfriend are pretty much open to go anywhere. Any ideas on how to maximize these miles, get upgrades, hotels, etc. and maybe accrual more for traveling. Open to any suggestions. I am new to traveling using miles...

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Welcome to FT!

As your query is a little off topic for the Mileage Run Discussion forum I've relocated it to the Information Desk for further input from posters.

Regards,

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by rbcxsoo500
I am looking to take a vacation around December 2014 or January 2015. I have 50,000 miles through United and American Airlines (and a little through Chase Sapphire).

Me and my girlfriend are pretty much open to go anywhere. Any ideas on how to maximize these miles, get upgrades, hotels, etc. and maybe accrual more for traveling. Open to any suggestions. I am new to traveling using miles...

Thanks
So you have 50,000 miles in United and 50,000 miles in American and some more in Chase?

That equals 100,000 miles if you don't mind flying different airlines. I doubt you are going to get any upgrades unless you are elite(which I doubt with the low balances) so maybe try to find a low FF ticket in business/first.

Using air miles to book hotel rooms is not usually a good deal. But you might see if there are a "vacation package". I know AA used to have them.

You won't accrue any miles on a FF ticket. Most hotel chains don't give points on reward rooms, but you might get some on incidentals.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:21 pm

I'd look at January, as December can get difficult due to holiday travel.

You might want to give a little more information for your request? You've basically said "where should we go on vacation" without telling one thing about yourselves or how long you want to travel etc.

More info is needed to give you any kind of a reasonable answer.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:27 pm

Fly out on dec 25th and In on Jan 1st for maximum availability
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Exactly how many miles do you have?

Originally Posted by rbcxsoo500
I have 50,000 miles through United and American Airlines (and a little through Chase Sapphire).

Me and my girlfriend are pretty much open to go anywhere.
An award trip for two?

If 50K miles were combining both AA & UA, I'd say keep your expectations not too high since one domestic trip will cost 25000 miles per tix in the States.

You need to tell us exactly how many miles you have in each program (AA, UA, Chase UR) before folks can give you some sample itineraries.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.