Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Way to Get To Brazil?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest Way to Get To Brazil?

I've recently moved to Sao Paulo, and am trying to plan the best strategy for getting back and forth a few times a year to the east and west coasts of the US. I'm pretty well practiced at generating miles through various means I was fortunate enough to learn here, and am looking for the best way to use them on this circuit!

I know half the year I will use American, as I can get 20K per flight on their saver awards. Other than that, I have had a tough time finding anyone better than United's 30K per flight. I found some flights to LA on AeroMexico that are 25K. And if I pour all my yearly miles into TAM they also have some flights at 25K for their second tier status level. But I fly to other parts of the world for work and I am not so sure I want all my miles in one program.

Have I missed any sweet spots in other airlines rewards programs? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2014, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

The nonstops between GRU and MIA/JFK on AA/TAM cost 25K BAEC Avios year round (one way in Economy) when low-tier awards are available. But BAEC charges for each flight flown, so if your East Coast destination is other than NYC/MIA, then BAEC won't save you anything.
Old May 7, 2014, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for that guv1976, sometimes I will be heading to NYC so it will help.

In case anyone reads this later, I also found that ANA can get you round-trip to the US from South American for 55K with limited availability.

Last edited by jkroncke; May 7, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Old May 7, 2014, 6:45 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
if direct flights arent available, i have used this routing before using Avios to book LAN (might not be a good deal outside of MIA)

mia-bog-gru
mia-lim-gru

45k'ish roundtrip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.