Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas family trip, return LON to GRB - advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Christmas family trip, return LON to GRB - advice needed

Hello,

I'm hoping you can all work your magic once more and give me some advice about planning the least expensive trip from London (LON) to Green Bay, WI (GRB). I'd like to travel and be in Green Bay on December 24th, 2014 and I'd like to return on January 10th, 2015. There are 6 people in my family, 2 adults, a 14 year old, a 11 year old, an 8 year old and a 5 year old.

Can anybody suggest a combination of flights that get us all home with the least cost and number of connections? Are there any "bulk buy" deals for 6 people flying together?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I would recommend using ITA Matrix or an online travel agency (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) to become educate yourself about the various airlines' route options, and to get a sense of prices. You are wanting to travel at a peak season, so lower fares may be a challenge.

You also might want to explore options for accruing mileage to use for award seats, with the same peak-season caveat (availability will be a challenge).

Take a look at the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ools-here.html thread and wiki for more resources to help you get a basic plan.

Once you've done that bit of homework, you might be able to post some more specific questions so FTers can be of greater assistance.

Good luck!

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; May 1, 2014 at 8:27 am Reason: clarified tools link
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice... I'll check those links out.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I'd also recommend playing around with www.kayak.co.uk when looking at alternatives as it lets you very easily search across multiple days, from and to nearby airports and specify criteria such as maximum trip times etc. I find it more user friendly than the others.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks, have checked out kayak as well as many others. The ITA Matrix tool seems pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.