Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*Least* private business-class seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Yes, a terrible first-world problem, but I just flew CX with my husband, and those herringbone seats in biz class put us so far apart! It was a lonely 14 hours.

By contrast, Etihad biz class was relatively cozy, with seats next to each other, with only a little optional partition between the seats.

So, I'm curious: what other airlines have nice lie-flat biz (or first) class where you can actually talk to the person you're flying with?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
American Airlines Flagship Suite, the 2 center seats (the cabin is 1-2-1).

You can read a review I wrote here (although I was in a single seat).

American Airlines New First Class Flagship Suite Boeing 777-300ER Dallas London New York São Paulo – Review

Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

The herringbone is the exception these days. Most airlines business class have seats designed for pairs , often in a 1-2-1 layout or a 2-1/ 1-2 staggered layout
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:29 pm

Asiana's new QS seating has "pairs" in the middle that are quite good for couples...
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I was wondering about Asiana...
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The SQ suites (a class above FC they say) have a couple next to each other with a partition that completely lowers to become a "double flat bed." No sex allowed. In sitting position, there's a pretty wide table or armrest between the seats, that are parallel and face forward, so you might want to use the guest seat for meals facing each other if conversation is important.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold

LH new C face towards each other and not very private. You basically share footwell.

Also old C, but not flat bed.

Korean, MH, AF, TK, OS all have pretty open cabins
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: Freelancer
United C would be good for what you're looking for. Upper deck of the 747 is a cool experience as well. If you're looking for F, the two seats at the very nose of the 747 will let you lean over to have a conversation.

Seatguru.com will show you seat maps of various airlines and aircraft for reference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.