Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Qatar LHR-DOH-MEL. Collect miles with BAEC or QR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar LHR-DOH-MEL. Collect miles with BAEC or QR?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GCH
Talking Qatar LHR-DOH-MEL. Collect miles with BAEC or QR?

Hi there,

I've tried researching online and I'm getting more than confused with it all..

Does anyone know what's the best use of FF miles now that QR are part of OneWorld? Collect miles with BAEC or start a new QR FF card?

Do you get BA tier points if flying on a QR flight?

For info;
LHR-DOH-MEL in biz (I)
MEL-DOH-LHR in biz (D)

Thanks for any advice!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Yes you will get Tier points on BA for flying QR. You can check these on the tier point calculator on the BA website.

Presently there is an offer of double miles until 31/01. Details here http://boardingarea.com/ghettoife/20...s-bonus-offer/

So would suggest you credit to BA.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GCH
Ah great. Thanks for the info.

Missing out on the double miles offer by 4 days - oh well! 600 tier points and Silver should lighten the deal!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to the forum

Originally Posted by roarss
Does anyone know what's the best use of FF miles now that QR are part of OneWorld? Collect miles with BAEC or start a new QR FF card?
What is your definition of "best"?
What class & routes of future travel?
What do you want from a FFP

You should consider AA. Better earn/burn for many people
Check carefully what I & D earn in each FFP. They earn "most" in QR ffp if you can use the QR miles
But 1 trip does make a freq flyer program

Have a look and ask here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html

Linked threads with similar questions in post 9 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21923398-post9.html
Answer to your question in the BA forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22052954-post35.html

From a post on 2 Feb 2013
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
< snip>
To get your feet wet, start by reading the sticky threads in this and other forums. What you need to do is look at your flying (and credit card, if applicable) patterns and preferences, then pick a program that works best for you. While miles/points aren't interchangeable, you can usually use one airline's miles/points for redemptions on that airline's partners - either in the same alliance or in some cases unaligned partners - or for non-flying activities. Each airline has different "earning and burning" characteristics - how miles/points are earned and used, and you'll need to investigate these carefully, as the differences can be significant and expensive (or beneficial) to you depending on your choices.

One important thing to note is that miles/points earning and redemption are only a part of the whole FF business. A big factor in choosing your plan preferences is whether you'd fly enough with your chosen airline(s) in order to reach elite frequent flyer status. With elite status comes various perks - access to lounges, expedited passage through airports, seat selections, upgrades, baggage allowances, etc. - that can be as important if not more important to frequent travelers. So those factors also need to be understood as you make your choices.

It involves homework and research, but the rewards can be very significant, well worth the effort. (Or so many of us think. Of course we can be both delusional and exhibit OCD symptoms in this regard. Welcome to the madhouse.)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 6, 2014 at 7:27 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.