Wiki Posts
Search

Enroll or not in UA FF program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Enroll or not in UA FF program

Hi.

I am taking about 30-40 flights a year divided over 5-7 trips usually. Only few of them are with non low cost carriers are carriers with descent FF programs.

As teenager I enrolled in the TK programme as I had a flight to CPT from FRA rond trip, I flew few more times to IST with them and my flights with SN (always the cheapest booking class, so only few hundred miles each time) go to the TK programme too.

However, I am not expecting to fly much more with TK in the future, I fly there now with Pegasus all the time. I only redeemed miles once on a return ticket from IST-SZF,SZF-SAW

I got the error fare with UA: AMS-EWR Round trip.
should I get those miles on UA and thus enroll in their program or keep the TK thing? My miles on TK almost expired and i had to do a real effort to get that domestic RT with them.. not even something I really needed to (a low cost RT had cost me nearly the same as the taxes I had to pay).

What do you guys say?
I am not an export on mileage programs etc.. thanks for the help!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This may help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Sadly many request’s go unanswered

Do you have any miles with TK or have they expired ?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
This may help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Sadly many request’s go unanswered

Do you have any miles with TK or have they expired ?

Thanks for the reply!

I had 16000 miles, the great share of them expiring by the end of this month.
So I spent 10k on a domestic round trip in Turkey and am left with 5k or so. The taxes on the domestic one where anyway almost as much as a low cost flight to the same airport on the same dates.. so did not win much but well.

I tried to spend it on one business flight IST-BRU or so which was like a bit more than 10k I believe but there were never seats for my days.

Could not upgrade.
I have to admit it was the first time I redeemed miles, I knew and still know very little about it.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fiujin
T The taxes on the domestic one where anyway almost as much as a low cost flight to the same airport on the same dates.. so did not win much but well
The extra was not "taxes" paid to a government. Most would have been carrier imposed fees & surcharges (~profit). Do not confuse taxes with carrier imposed fees & surcharges
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The extra was not "taxes" paid to a government. Most would have been carrier imposed fees & surcharges (~profit). Do not confuse taxes with carrier imposed fees & surcharges

okay sorry! thanks for the info.
i am not a native speaker so .. should be more careful with choosing the right word for the right thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.