Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Chennai & Delhi?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 6:51 am
bah
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager-Life Time Platinum, LH/LX Miles & More-Senator, Turkish-Elite Plus, Exec Club-Gold, KLM/
Hotels in Chennai & Delhi?

I need to be in Chennai next week for two nights and then spend another four nights in Delhi.
I would like to pay less then 200 USD per night (inclusive of the 12.5% luxury tax that the hotels charge seperately).

In Chennai I need to be in a very good, preferably "an excellent" hotel, at least 4 stars but preferably a 5 stars, that offers large modern rooms, free internet, good breakfast, and the main thing - located not more than 30minutes taxi drive from the Airport.

In Delhi I need the same, (while I guess that the choice of luxury hotels is greater than Chennai) so, the hotel may be closer to the city, (the good parts of the city), yet not more than 45 minutes from the airport.

From past experience, it is very frustrating to be stuck in trafic in any of these Indian cities - particularly in the case of Chennai when a meeting that I must attend is scheduled to finish at 15:00 and I need to catch a 17:05 flight to Delhi.
and in the case of Delhi - I arrive Delhi at 20:00 and fly out at 07:45 a.m. and I don't want to get to the hotel too late, and I don't feel like getting up at 4:00 in order to be at the airport on time.

Please, Any suggestions?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 6:55 am

Delhi Hotel near airport

It sounds like just an overnight in Delhi. For that it's a no brainer - the Radisson near the airport.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:39 am
bah
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager-Life Time Platinum, LH/LX Miles & More-Senator, Turkish-Elite Plus, Exec Club-Gold, KLM/
Thanks
However, it is not overnight in Delhi- I will spent 3-4 nights in Delhi
Nevertheless, I am familiar with the Raddison
It is the obvious place to stay if one arrives late and leaves early...
Any suggestion in Delhi itself?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
In Chennai there's the GRT Grand - just within your budget I think. http://www.grthotels.com/Home.aspx

Delhi has plenty around - but you might not want to stay near the airport. And tax in Delhi hotels is far higher when they're tagged luxury.

As for Delhi - its a rather large city so you might want to find a hotel near where you want to go to. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3...hi-Hotels.html - though a lot of the top rated reviews there are for "guest house" type B&B places that a lot of people stay in as the hotels are very expensive, with higher tax rates.

[You might lookup tripadvisor for Chennai hotels too, though the GRT is in a reasonably central location]
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: BA
There's a Le Meridien near the airport (15 minutes drive IIRC) - I think all the other major chains are in town and at least 45 minutes if not an hour plus depending on time of day. No idea what they charge though, as I always stay at the Taj
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:36 pm

The Courtyard Chennai should fit the bill -- it's a very good hotel and located between city and airport, with good access to both. However, if you only have two hours between meeting and flight out, you'll want to check out in the morning, take your luggage to the meeting, and head straight to the airport instead of attempting to detour via the hotel.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
The GRT Grand has free wifi, I dont think the courtyard does (its something like $15 a day)

Originally Posted by jpatokal
The Courtyard Chennai should fit the bill -- it's a very good hotel and located between city and airport, with good access to both. However, if you only have two hours between meeting and flight out, you'll want to check out in the morning, take your luggage to the meeting, and head straight to the airport instead of attempting to detour via the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.