Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Transit Visa Question

Transit Visa Question

Old Aug 4, 09, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Transit Visa Question

Dear Forum Users
I am on H1B visa ( I have a I-94 but my visa has expired ). I am considering flying to India from the US this September either via Emirates or Lufthansa. I do not have an EAD as well. Do I require a transit visa in Dubai or Frankfurt ?

Thnx
Old Aug 4, 09, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Yes and No

That would depend on which airlines you are taking. You do not require a transit visa if you are coming in via Dubai ( DXB ) but you do require a transit visa if your US visa has expired when you are coming in via Frankfurt ( Lufthansa ). You can view all the transit visa requirements here. You can also find it at some other forums like immihepl.com. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Aug 5, 09, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by siva View Post
Dear Forum Users
I am on H1B visa ( I have a I-94 but my visa has expired ). I am considering flying to India from the US this September either via Emirates or Lufthansa. I do not have an EAD as well. Do I require a transit visa in Dubai or Frankfurt ?

Thnx
Welcome to FT.
What does that have to do with India forum? These are two sepearte questions and should be posted in the Middle East Forum and Germany Forum respectively.
Old Aug 6, 09, 12:13 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by siva View Post
Dear Forum Users

Thnx
You dont require a transit visa at either place if you're staying inside the airport. Of course I do hope your indian passport is valid.

Search this Thread