Pre-paid SIM card to buy with internet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-paid SIM card to buy with internet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Pre-paid SIM card to buy with internet?

Hi all,

I will go to India - more exactly to Pune ends of July.
I need to buy a pre-paid SIM card in order to reduce phone costs.
I need to be connected to internet with my wifi at my nokia and use my messenger during the day.
How much it will cost a week of internet with my phone or if is there a package offer of a operator?
I read about Vodafone but I could not get offers or compare with others.

Which sim card you will advice me? how much I will pay?

Many Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
It wont be more than a few hundred rupees (@ around 50 rupees to a dollar). You need 2 passport sized photos and a photocopy of your ID.

You cant order it over the internet - but you can buy it at any convenience store.. and the airport will probably have a store where you can buy a sim card.

Buy airtel or vodafone sims - they are the providers with the largest network around india. Prices are about the same, service quality is about the same. Vodafone has cuter ads (with a cute pug, etc - search for vodafone india or "hutch" ads on youtube)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.