What SIM card to get for India?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What SIM card to get for India?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by PHL_roadwarrior
I too have maintained an Airtel prepaid sim for the last 5~6 years, using it for around a week every 3 ~ 6 months. Put money into it every trip (just usage - haven't seen any value reduction otherwise). Other than early issues in activating and deactivating data service (back when data was Rs. 20 per day; ended up having to show up at Airtel's local office to have it resolved a few times) have not had any issues.
I presume they offer the microSIMs that are needed in the iPhone 4S? What do they charge for data usually?

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by synergy3000
I presume they offer the microSIMs that are needed in the iPhone 4S? What do they charge for data usually?

Thanks
They will cut their regular prepaid sim into a microsim at any of their sales/customer service centers.

I use the GPRS data (Mobile Office service) and its 1GB/30 days/INR98 or 200MB/7 days/INR25 or 100MB/3days/INR10. I haven't looked into 3G but its significantly more expensive or so I hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.