Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

How to get to Madurai from Kerala state (Cochin or Thiruvanathapuram)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 3:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I am planning a possible grand tour of the world which includes Madurai. I could take a flight to one of the two cities in Kerala but then how to get to Madurai?

The alternative is to fly into Chennai and get to Madurai but I can figure that possibility myself.

Cochin or Thiruvanathapuram to Madurai.....train? air? bus?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:24 am

Programs: *Au, SPG Au, Amex Pt, Historically UA, *Alliance
Trivandrum and Madurai aren't too far apart, (~250km). You do have to get through some hilly Western Ghat sections. I think it's about 8hrs by road. There are trains which will take you Madurai/Trivandrum in about 7-8hrs as well.
Here's a link I pulled on the Indian Railways web-site linky

Thekkady / Mudumalai are areas you might want to visit on the way. You're bound to see elephants and the area also has a tiger reserve and wildlife sanctuary (never did spot one when I was there though).

Didn't see any direct flights. All seem to be through Chennai.

Another thought is to go via Kanyakumari, the southern tip of the Indian mainland.

Good luck on your trip. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun!
Old Jun 24, 2006, 7:55 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Human Unit 763246B
I am planning a possible grand tour of the world which includes Madurai. I could take a flight to one of the two cities in Kerala but then how to get to Madurai?

The alternative is to fly into Chennai and get to Madurai but I can figure that possibility myself.

Cochin or Thiruvanathapuram to Madurai.....train? air? bus?
I believe Air deccan server Madurai from Chennai.

www.airdeccan.net

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.