Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I-I transit in Delhi without checked luggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

I-I transit in Delhi without checked luggage

I'll be in transit at DEL from an international flight to another one 6 hours apart. I won't have any checked luggage. Do I still need to clear immigration & customs? Or can I go directly to the airside lounge?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tapcubed
I'll be in transit at DEL from an international flight to another one 6 hours apart. I won't have any checked luggage. Do I still need to clear immigration & customs? Or can I go directly to the airside lounge?
Best to look at official govt web sites & timatic. FT is not the place for immigration advice.
Both flights on the same ticket/PNR?
A recent experience by a FTer on separate tickets-->Denied Boarding by British Airways
Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

My question is a little different. It's not about whether I need a visa to India or not; I do have the necessary documents to enter the country if needed. It's more a question of the process at DEL. If I have to clear immigration just to get right back in, I will. Just wanted to check if that's required. I've been in lots of airports where this is not required and others (especially in the US) where it is required.

The two flights are on 2 different tickets.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thumbs down

My question is a little different. It's not about whether I need a visa to India or not; I do have the necessary documents to enter the country if needed. It's more a question of the process at DEL. If I have to clear immigration just to get right back in, I will. Just wanted to check if that's required. I've been in lots of airports where this is not required and others (especially in the US) where it is required.
The two flights are on 2 different tickets.
You can transit airside. Just don't follow the crowds and look for the transit desk. Ask for an agent handling your next flight and get verified (the receiving airline has to coordinate this with the inbound carrier). Then you go into transit security and end up in the departure concourse for your next flight.
tapcubed likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.