Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Suvidha form: Mandatory mobile phone number in India

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Question Air Suvidha form: Mandatory mobile phone number in India

I'm planning to buy a SIM card and I have no idea what the number will be. Also, a friend is going later and he plans to use wifi only. What are our options?
Old May 4, 2022, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Just enter your mobile number with the country code. The sim doesn't have to be switched on in India.
pampa likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:47 pm

Just enter any of your relative's or parents' numbers with the country code in the form. There is no requirement of it should be worked have a nice journey.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:23 am

For what it's worth, no one seems to be checking Air Suvidha forms on arrival, even cursorily, anymore.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Vigneshwar Trixy
Just enter any of your relative's or parents' numbers with the country code in the form. There is no requirement of it should be worked have a nice journey.
Please do not do this. It is a remote possibility but for any reason if you are chosen randomly for a test or turn out to be positive or for any other reason, the number that you give will be called consistently & the people it belongs to will have to bear the consequences of a disorganized system. My wife turned out to be positive a few months ago & I made the mistake of giving my number. I was called multiple times a day to be asked the same questions over & over again.

Its best to give your number. If the sim won't be operational in India then that is not a problem. No one will call if all is well. If it is not then you will be grateful the sim doesn't work here.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:23 am

I've been to India twice over the past 18 months. Both times I used my US mobile number on the Air Suvidha form. No issue. You don't need an Indian mobile.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:46 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sgopal2
I've been to India twice over the past 18 months. Both times I used my US mobile number on the Air Suvidha form. No issue. You don't need an Indian mobile.
Would like to second this opinion, having visited India in late March. Although on my flight to Kochi, I was the only foreigner, so was singled out at immigration for a quite thorough review of everything. It's probably more relaxed now, since the day I left from India is when the total international flight ban was eliminated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.