Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

How long before domestic flight to arrive at airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver

Hi all- I'm making a trip to India after quite a few years, and will be making a number of internal flights to fulfil my various family obligations. How long before my flights would you recommend that I arrive at the airport(s) in general? I'm primarily concerned with DEL and DED. I haven't booked my flights yet (want to make sure that the timings work with whatever info I get from this question), but will mostly be flying Indigo with possibly a segment on Alliance Air.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
security in places like del & bom has been a mess as of late so a safe bet would be to arrive 2 hours before your flight at the larger airports....especially is you have luggage to check in....if not then i would still recommend getting to the airport 90 minutes before your flight....

smaller airports like ded should be better in terms of how long it will take you to check-in & get through security....

just to give you an example, i have taken 3 flights out of del over the last couple of weeks & it has taken me an average of 45 minutes just to get through security....in places like lko, bbi & ixd it has taken me less than 10 minutes....
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
security in places like del & bom has been a mess as of late so a safe bet would be to arrive 2 hours before your flight at the larger airports....especially is you have luggage to check in....if not then i would still recommend getting to the airport 90 minutes before your flight....

smaller airports like ded should be better in terms of how long it will take you to check-in & get through security....

just to give you an example, i have taken 3 flights out of del over the last couple of weeks & it has taken me an average of 45 minutes just to get through security....in places like lko, bbi & ixd it has taken me less than 10 minutes....
thanks keyser! I’ll leave lots of time at DEL. Give that DED is fairly small, do you think 60 minutes would be safe (not checking any luggage)?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
thanks keyser! I’ll leave lots of time at DEL. Give that DED is fairly small, do you think 60 minutes would be safe (not checking any luggage)?
if not checking in any luggage then 60 minutes should be ok in ded....
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:30 am
Original Poster

if not checking in any luggage then 60 minutes should be ok in ded....
Thanks again! Slightly off topic-- have you ever flown with Alliance? They have the best timing on a flight from DED-DEL that I need to take, but are running an ATR 72-600 (Versus the A320's that Indigo uses on that route), and I'm wondering if they're more likely to have issues within delays/cancellations.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks again! Slightly off topic-- have you ever flown with Alliance? They have the best timing on a flight from DED-DEL that I need to take, but are running an ATR 72-600 (Versus the A320's that Indigo uses on that route), and I'm wondering if they're more likely to have issues within delays/cancellations.
i fly with them regularly on the del-ixd sector....indigo is definitely more reliable than ai as far as timing is concerned but i don't think flying alliance air is going to lead to any delays/cancellations that you would not normally get flying any other airline....
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

i fly with them regularly on the del-ixd sector....indigo is definitely more reliable than ai as far as timing is concerned but i don't think flying alliance air is going to lead to any delays/cancellations that you would not normally get flying any other airline....
Thanks again-- that is good to hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.