Wiki Posts
Search

Int to Int connection at BOM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Int to Int connection at BOM

Looking for a bit of insight or previous experience with the following.
I have an international (EY) to international (QR) connection on separate tickets (both in J) and will NOT be exiting the airport, with a 4hr transit in BOM. Both flights will operate from terminal 2. Fully vaccinated as well.
​​I am hopeful it'll be easy and will not be subjected to another covid test or quarantine
​​​

Last edited by SEA777GUY; Aug 21, 2021 at 2:14 am
Old Aug 21, 2021, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You do not have a connection, so you will need to be admissible to India in order to board your first flight and will in fact have to enter the country to collect your luggage, if you have any, and recheck. What is the time between these flights? I would give myself at least three/four hours.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Not checking any bags. I have 4 hours BTW the flights.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:18 am
Suspended

Are you admissible to India?
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
pre-covid such a connection was theoretically possible....right now i'm not so sure....there is a good chance you would be denied boarding on your flight to india if you cannot prove that you are allowed to enter the country....
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
pre-covid such a connection was theoretically possible....right now i'm not so sure....there is a good chance you would be denied boarding on your flight to india if you cannot prove that you are allowed to enter the country....
I would say that chance is close to 100%
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:19 pm

The indian government uses Air Suvidha to check the paperwork for COVID. A RT-PCR is required prior to boarding your flight to India. But once you land, there is another check of the paperwork, but it is done after immigration. If you're simply going to stay within the international terminal, I think you will probably be fine.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 10:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
International transit in India remains suspended, so you will not be allowed to board your flight to India.

See point 3 in TIMATIC: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
International transit in India remains suspended, so you will not be allowed to board your flight to India.

See point 3 in TIMATIC: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

OP doesn’t even have a transit, so this is a non-starter unless citizen.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the input I greatly appreciate it!
I was just trying to get some input how it would be in normal times. My flights aren't for a couple of months from now. Everything is so fluid right now I will have to monitor the situation as I didn't realize international connections were suspended at this point.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The indian govt has taken the opportunity to revoke all of their bilateral agreements and is trying to impose their new regime via 'bubble agreements': https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/...nsport-bubbles

I seriously doubt this setup is going to be revoked anytime soon and will most certainly last well into 2022. Don't even entertain the idea for 2021
Traveller121 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Thanks for all the input I greatly appreciate it!
I was just trying to get some input how it would be in normal times. My flights aren't for a couple of months from now. Everything is so fluid right now I will have to monitor the situation as I didn't realize international connections were suspended at this point.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The indian govt has taken the opportunity to revoke all of their bilateral agreements and is trying to impose their new regime via 'bubble agreements': https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/...nsport-bubbles

I seriously doubt this setup is going to be revoked anytime soon and will most certainly last well into 2022. Don't even entertain the idea for 2021
my sources in the civil aviation ministry tell me that this setup is going to be in place till march 2022 at least....
Traveller121 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
my sources in the civil aviation ministry tell me that this setup is going to be in place till march 2022 at least....
This must be hurting the ME/EU countries hard. Why are they not fighting back?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txsbeef
This must be hurting the ME/EU countries hard. Why are they not fighting back?
i'm sure they are/will....india is just being a bully right now....
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:41 am

They need to sell AI first, then the GoI will perhaps relax a bit. Sadly that won't happen till 2022 either...
Traveller121 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.