Wiki Posts
Search

(US) OCI processing changes

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
(US) OCI processing changes

Cox & Kings only accepting OCI applications from people residing in the jurisdictions of the Atlanta and Houston consulates.
https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/

New York consulate accepting OCI renewals and miscellaneous consular services applications directly. (No other visa applications, apparently.)
https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/wh...=1&pagecount=2
Old May 25, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its not surprising that no visa applications are being considered since the lockdown is still in effect & there is no real timeline for when international flights will start....
Old May 29, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Per the latest message on CKGS website, San Francisco will start accepting applications from 6/1 and Chicago from 6/3. We submitted my wife's OCI application in early Feb in Chicago and hoping to travel to India in August. Not booking anything until I have the document in hand. Hope airfares continue to stay low. They are definitely inching up from mid-march.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:34 am

OCI processing has resumed (at least in Chicago) and my wife's OCI arrived last week
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
New rules of OCI - http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/OC...12.06.2020.pdf
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The problem is more to find a flight into India... my father is 80 and if something urgent would come up I don't know how to get to CCU and see him with no flights and this stupid 7 day lock in (which is also waived when you have a family emergency).
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The problem is more to find a flight into India... my father is 80 and if something urgent would come up I don't know how to get to CCU and see him with no flights and this stupid 7 day lock in (which is also waived when you have a family emergency).
As an OCI (without sposal or minor children exceptions) you can travel only in case of family emergency (unless that has changed AGAIN(.

The quarantine, you agree to, is 14 days.

But in practice 7 days are imposed.

This being India everything is "negotiable"

But you really need good "connection" to bypass quarrantine completely. They will insist on at least 2 nights as that wil ensure that transport, hotel, doctor, labs, catering - everyone gets paid. (With Vande Bharat con game in full swing, hotels are getting enough business)

May be we need a wiki to collect and report ever changing "rules" and situation on the ground.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by desi
As an OCI (without sposal or minor children exceptions) you can travel only in case of family emergency (unless that has changed AGAIN(.

The quarantine, you agree to, is 14 days.

But in practice 7 days are imposed.

This being India everything is "negotiable"

But you really need good "connection" to bypass quarrantine completely. They will insist on at least 2 nights as that wil ensure that transport, hotel, doctor, labs, catering - everyone gets paid. (With Vande Bharat con game in full swing, hotels are getting enough business)

May be we need a wiki to collect and report ever changing "rules" and situation on the ground.
No, the quarantine is 7 days at an approved facility/hotel and the balance 7 days to be carried out at your final destination - as per the info I have seen...
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Since yesterday even that has been waived to a pcr test that is not older than 96 h
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i think rules are going to change on a pretty regular basis....there were a bunch of things announced last week that are no longer required now....
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: EY
Two big changes for OCIs in the US

OCI holders from countries with bubbles with India can enter India

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77416898.cms

Copy of the MHA order

OCI books may be printed in the US soon, just like passports

https://indicanews.com/2020/08/03/oc...neral-assures/
Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:39 am

Yes, this is a big improvement for the OCI's in these countries.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since yesterday even that has been waived to a pcr test that is not older than 96 h
Hmmm ... this page needs updating?
Indian Visas and OCI Card Information:
  • All Indian visas issued to nationals of any country prior to March 13, 2020 (except those issued to Diplomats, Official passport holders, those in UN/International organizations, those on Employment, Project visas and those who are operating aircrew of scheduled commercial airlines) and who had not yet entered India, stand suspended.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:25 am

I always use the BoI website, the CGI Munich for example always refers to it.

https://boi.gov.in/

https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-...ted-covid-19-1

Vide MHA Order No. 25022/24/2020-F.V / F.I dated :17 August, 2020

In addition to the categories of foreign nationals who are permitted to enter India it has been decided foreign nationals who are holding Journalist (J-1) and their depends who are holding J-1X visa are permitted to enter India. If they have J-1 or J-1X visas, which have been suspended, such visas shall stand restored with immediate effect to facilitate their entry into India. However, if the validity of such visas has expired, they may obtain a fresh J-1 or J-1X visa, as the case may be, from the Indian Missions/ Posts concerned.

Revised Guidelines of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for international arrivals (in supersession of guidelines issued on the subject dated 24th May 2020) to be operational from 00.01 Hrs, 8th August 2020 Dated 02.08.2020

Before Planning for Travel:
i. All travelers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel.
ii. They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days i.e. 7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost, followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health.
iii. Only for compelling reasons/ cases of human distress such as pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parent(s) with children of the age of 10 years or below, home quarantine may be permitted for 14 days.
iv. If they wish to seek such exemption under para (iii) above, they shall apply to the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before boarding. The decision taken by the government as communicated on the online portal will be final.
v. Travelers may also seek exemption from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RT-PCR test report on arrival. This test should have been conducted within 96 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. The test report should be uploaded on the portal for consideration. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The test report could also be produced upon arrival at the point of entry airport in India.
malgudi likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:12 am

Any recent experiences about submitting the negative PCR test and being able to walk out of the airport? I am considering visiting India to check-in on family since with a negative test I can at least be home - the main purpose of my visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.