Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

(US) OCI processing changes

Old May 24, 20, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Cox & Kings only accepting OCI applications from people residing in the jurisdictions of the Atlanta and Houston consulates.
https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/

New York consulate accepting OCI renewals and miscellaneous consular services applications directly. (No other visa applications, apparently.)
https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/wh...=1&pagecount=2
Old May 25, 20, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its not surprising that no visa applications are being considered since the lockdown is still in effect & there is no real timeline for when international flights will start....
Old May 29, 20, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Per the latest message on CKGS website, San Francisco will start accepting applications from 6/1 and Chicago from 6/3. We submitted my wife's OCI application in early Feb in Chicago and hoping to travel to India in August. Not booking anything until I have the document in hand. Hope airfares continue to stay low. They are definitely inching up from mid-march.
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
OCI processing has resumed (at least in Chicago) and my wife's OCI arrived last week
Old Jun 25, 20, 11:37 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
New rules of OCI - http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/OC...12.06.2020.pdf
Old Jun 26, 20, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The problem is more to find a flight into India... my father is 80 and if something urgent would come up I don't know how to get to CCU and see him with no flights and this stupid 7 day lock in (which is also waived when you have a family emergency).
Old Aug 1, 20, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The problem is more to find a flight into India... my father is 80 and if something urgent would come up I don't know how to get to CCU and see him with no flights and this stupid 7 day lock in (which is also waived when you have a family emergency).
As an OCI (without sposal or minor children exceptions) you can travel only in case of family emergency (unless that has changed AGAIN(.

The quarantine, you agree to, is 14 days.

But in practice 7 days are imposed.

This being India everything is "negotiable"

But you really need good "connection" to bypass quarrantine completely. They will insist on at least 2 nights as that wil ensure that transport, hotel, doctor, labs, catering - everyone gets paid. (With Vande Bharat con game in full swing, hotels are getting enough business)

May be we need a wiki to collect and report ever changing "rules" and situation on the ground.
Old Aug 2, 20, 9:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by desi View Post
As an OCI (without sposal or minor children exceptions) you can travel only in case of family emergency (unless that has changed AGAIN(.

The quarantine, you agree to, is 14 days.

But in practice 7 days are imposed.

This being India everything is "negotiable"

But you really need good "connection" to bypass quarrantine completely. They will insist on at least 2 nights as that wil ensure that transport, hotel, doctor, labs, catering - everyone gets paid. (With Vande Bharat con game in full swing, hotels are getting enough business)

May be we need a wiki to collect and report ever changing "rules" and situation on the ground.
No, the quarantine is 7 days at an approved facility/hotel and the balance 7 days to be carried out at your final destination - as per the info I have seen...
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since yesterday even that has been waived to a pcr test that is not older than 96 h
Old Aug 4, 20, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i think rules are going to change on a pretty regular basis....there were a bunch of things announced last week that are no longer required now....
Old Aug 7, 20, 2:48 pm

Programs: EY
Two big changes for OCIs in the US

OCI holders from countries with bubbles with India can enter India

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77416898.cms

Copy of the MHA order

OCI books may be printed in the US soon, just like passports

https://indicanews.com/2020/08/03/oc...neral-assures/
Old Yesterday, 4:39 am

Yes, this is a big improvement for the OCI's in these countries.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: