Search

Best spicy local cuisine in BOM near Marine Drive

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Best spicy local cuisine in BOM near Marine Drive

I have a very short stop in Mumbai before continuing south to Kerala. I love Indian food, especially very spicy curries. I will be staying at the IC Marine Drive, so I am looking for a place that's nearby, clean for westerners and will bring the heat. Would love some suggestions for lunch. Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Kebab Korner at the hotel itself is very good. If you want to go out somewhere I recommend Bhagat Tarachand (They have several outlets within 5 kms of your hotel), Oye Kake or Khyber.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piyush
Kebab Korner at the hotel itself is very good. If you want to go out somewhere I recommend Bhagat Tarachand (They have several outlets within 5 kms of your hotel), Oye Kake or Khyber.
Will investigate, ty
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Trishna in Fort / Kala Ghoda area (known for its' seafood dishes, but has others as well) used to be one of the best, but the last time we visited it was a tad bit too expensive...worth checking out.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I have a very short stop in Mumbai before continuing south to Kerala. I love Indian food, especially very spicy curries. I will be staying at the IC Marine Drive, so I am looking for a place that's nearby, clean for westerners and will bring the heat. Would love some suggestions for lunch. Thanks!
while not near the ic, you could try dakshin at the itc maratha near the airport....if you have an afternoon or evening flight to kerela then a meal at dakshin before your flight is highly recommended....
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:06 pm

Mahesh Lunch Home may be an option, especially if you like seafood.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I went with Kebab Korner, was not impressed. 0/2 on Indian recos from FT! I went with a suggestion in Singapore over the summer that was also a swing and a miss haha. Not near the IC, but I met a friend for dinner at Pali Bhavan in Bandra and after sending the food back twice for more spice, it was sufficiently hot. As good as it gets for "white people" Indian at least.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:52 am

As a note, when an Indian person says spicy, we generally mean more aromatics and spices, rather than the common western meaning of a dish with more capsacin.

Spice levels in food vary by cuisine, and the spiciest (western style) you can get in Mumbai is likely to be Kolhapuri or Malvani (as a suggestion for searching the next time you end up in the city).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.