Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Urgent help please - Global Entry question

Old Oct 8, 19, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen & Green Card holder (GC received in Jan 2019 and valid for 10 years). I applied for Global entry through TTP in July (2.5 months ago) and my dashboard on TTP website says "pending initial review". I am traveling to India next week. Do I need to get background check done in India by going to PSK?

Most people have been receiving email from passport authority in India soon after their application on TTP website. I did not get any such email after my application 2.5 months ago. In the absense of this email, I am currently unable to register on PSK website to make any appointment for background check in India during my trip next week. My wife is also GC holder and applied at the same time as me and she also has not received any such email from passport authority of India for PSK appointment.

I read in another thread on this forum that GC holders are treated the same as US citizens for GE and do not need interview at PSK (I have the link to the post but I am unable to post it as new user). Is this true? I could not find any source for this information. Could this be the reason I never got an email from passport authority in India, as I do not need to go to PSK?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 19, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by longaadoc View Post
I am an Indian Citizen & Green Card holder (GC received in Jan 2019 and valid for 10 years). I applied for Global entry through TTP in July (2.5 months ago) and my dashboard on TTP website says "pending initial review". I am traveling to India next week. Do I need to get background check done in India by going to PSK?
Green Card holders applying for Global Entry do not undergo background checks in India. Please refer to my answer to your question in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum.

BTW, cross-posting is against the FlyerTalk Rules (FT Rule 6).
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
as twa884 said, as a green card holder, you do not need to go through background verification in india....there is now an option to have the background verification done at the local embassy as well (instead of having it done in india) but once again that would not apply to you....

Search this Thread