Wiki Posts
Search

Goa - ITC Grand or Taj Exotica?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Goa - ITC Grand or Taj Exotica?

I'm traveling with the wife and young kids.

Which would you recommend for a stay in September based on the following:

Beach
Activities for kids
Pool
Food

Both are about the same price.

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have not stayed at the itc yet (have an upcoming stay booked for december) but have stayed at the taj a couple of times....its an excellent property & i wouldn't hesitate to go back there....
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Does the Taj Exotica have a kids club? The kids club at the ITC looks pretty good.

Any other hotels I should look at?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm pretty sure i saw an indoor kids center but never went inside....i also remember seeing some outdoor kids activities being advertised when i was checking in but didn't pay much attention as i was traveling for work so was without my family....

you can look at the leela as well....on par with the taj....
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Will check out the Leela.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

I decided to go with the ITC. Will post a review after my stay.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:10 am
Original Poster

I had a very good stay at the ITC Grand Goa.

They offer a free pick-up and drop using a bus that runs at fixed times. The resort is only about a 20 minute drive from the airport but once at the resort you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.

I had booked the base Garden View room via HDFC Smartbuy. I have Marriott Gold Status. They upgraded me to a Lagoon View room at check-in. I asked for a Sea-View room and they gladly assigned me one. I'm guessing this was because it's off season and hotel was probably at less than 50% occupancy. Room had a beautiful view of the sea and beach. The room did get extremely slippery if you opened the windows though.

Kids loved the huge pools and the kids club. The kids club had 6 or so activities every day. Kids also got a band as part of the Marriott promotion (https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/kids) which let them have free ice-cream every day.

The Beach was extremely clean and isolated. Hotel does have a couple of watchmen at the beach. A lifeguard is present as well.

Food was good. We ate the buffet breakfast in the restaurant and they had plenty of choices with several items changing every day. For our other meals we did ala-carte at the restaurants or room service.

A few very minor negatives -

Since it was monsoon hotel didn't have any deck chairs and/or towels at the beach. Even in the monsoon I think they should have a few of these at the beach. I even asked the concierge but they said it wasn't possible.

Staff were very friendly but somehow seemed to be missing that little extra that we've seen at other 5* hotels. For example at turn down most 5* hotels leave some sort of small chocolate or something. They didn't have anything at the ITC. When we bumped in to the house keeping manager we mentioned this and he said he would arrange it but we didn't get it.

The resort has golf carts to transport you within the resort. Even though it was off season the golf carts took a long time to arrive most times. I'm guessing it will be even more difficult to get one in peak season.

Overall I would love to stay here again.
deovrat and Bhaskar2020 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:16 am

ITC Goa or Taj Exotica

Hi Piyush,
thanks much for sharing information on itc grand. Me along with my wife and 6 year child would be spending around 7 nights during the new year eve at Goa. I have booked both hotels itc grand and taj exotica for now and shall retain one of the either booking later. Both are same priced. My package with itc doesn’t includes buffet breakfast. Would you be able to provide any estimate on the buffet breakfast / lunch or dinner charges ? Also I heard there is a slide in the pool for kids at Itc , is that true. Sounds more of a fun for kids. How about kids activities. In peak season like December the deck at beach would be provided with towels right ? We stayed last year holiday at Leela, that was great. This year wanted to change. May be tak exotica or itc grand. Thank you . Bhaskar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.