Search

Friendship Day

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Friendship Day

My WhatsApp and email got choked with Friendship Day posts from friends and acquaintances in India. Nice sentimen, I suppose, which I have the feeling comes from the US.

I have no idea why our UK greetings card industry hasn't run with the idea: though I thank God they haven't.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I have no idea why our UK greetings card industry hasn't run with the idea: though I thank God they haven't.
i wish it was the same here....too many whatsapp & text messages yesterday....ruined a perfectly peaceful sunday....
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
My WhatsApp and email got choked with Friendship Day posts from friends and acquaintances in India. Nice sentimen, I suppose, which I have the feeling comes from the US.
Americans have mostly never heard of Friendship Day. It’s definitely not a commonly recognized day for most people from the US, and so I think the barrage of messages for such day are not rooted in the US.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Wikipedia claims it was a hallmark day in the 30s but reemerged in Asia only recently. Utter nonsensical.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Keyser
i wish it was the same here....too many whatsapp & text messages yesterday....ruined a perfectly peaceful sunday....
Not too many of those messages could come from the part of India where the GOI wants a break-up while risking to make things less peaceful except in the phone/internet messages sphere in the here and now. So Friendship Day messages couldn't be followed by Heart Break Day messages any more than Valentines Day messages could be.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:50 am

This tons of message thing is common in many Asian countries.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
Can you not mute notifications?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by malgudi
Can you not mute notifications?
sure i can....but the messages come from tons of people so i have no idea which ones i can mute....if i mute everything then i miss out on those who are sending regular (non-friendship day) messages....decisions decisions....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.