Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Cards in India in 2020

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Credit Cards in India in 2020

With Travel for most folks here operating on a bare minimum/ only if required level to no travel at all, wondering what's everyone's take on their respective Credit cards. Have you decided to get rid of a few, downgrade card categories perhaps or just retain your same go to cards and wait for better times.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 1:04 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think the most popular cards here are the Citi Prestige, Premier Miles and Diners Black. There would a handful of people using Axis - Vistrara cards or SBI - AI cards as well.

I personally am not going to downgrade - I have some of the more popular cards - for a combination or reasons - firstly other cards don’t offer as much value even for regular transactions so even if I’m traveling less I’m happy accumulating points/miles. And secondly I couldn’t be ar$ed to - too much of a hassle figuring out points conversions and then converting now and the back again later - there isn’t any upside to that at all.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sticking with my citi prestige & sbi ai cards....there are the 2 i use most often & i have no plans on changing them....

the other cards i have are only used if there is a particular promo where i get a discount....
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Jet Amex platinum is the only one I am leaning towards removing.. the annual fee was linked to maintaining 9w plat status.. I called to cancel card since cannot maintain plat and didn’t want to pay fee.. the agent said note in account says no fee till 2022 at least .. so have decided to keep for now..
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:24 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by galaticos
Jet Amex platinum is the only one I am leaning towards removing.. the annual fee was linked to maintaining 9w plat status.. I called to cancel card since cannot maintain plat and didn’t want to pay fee.. the agent said note in account says no fee till 2022 at least .. so have decided to keep for now..
What kind of value are you getting out of the Intermiles now?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 11:35 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
I have the Axis Vistara Infinite.. and I am have a query:
1. I am already a Plat with Vistara. So if I renew the card, and they give me gold status, that's obviously useless to me.. but would they still credit me the 3 upgrade vouchers you get as a new gold member ?

2. Assuming the answer is No, lets assume I cancel the card. I get my mother apply for this card and get it. She is a base member, so obviously she gets bumped to Gold, which is great. But does she get the 3 upgrade vouchers or not? I am not sure if the Gold status associated with the credit card comes with the upgrade vouchers or not.

For additional info, when I got the card last year, I was already a gold with Vistara. And I did not get any additional upgrade vouchers, courtesy of this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.