Reload this Page >

Mumbai hotel options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai hotel options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:21 pm

I am booked at the Oberoi Nariman Point in a week or so. No one here has mentioned it. Is it that bad.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by gbs1112
I am booked at the Oberoi Nariman Point in a week or so. No one here has mentioned it. Is it that bad.

My best ever Mumbai stay has been at the oberoi nariman point. If u would like can have a word with the GM
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gbs1112
i've stayed here a bunch of times in the past & for some reason its the preferred meeting place for a number of my clients in the area so i regularly use their coffee shop & meeting rooms....its definitely a great option if you need to be in this area....
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I booked the IC Marine Drive for my next stop. Will report back.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:38 pm

Lightbulb Best Hotels in Mumbai

Hey,

I am mentioning some of the best Hotels in Mumbai:

1. The Fountain Inn, Fort

2. Hotel Indie Stays

3. The Orchid Hotel Mumbai Vile Parle

4. Taj (the most obvious)
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I booked the IC Marine Drive for my next stop. Will report back.
You didn't. So i will.

It's a delightful property, beautifully located, - but watch out if you are sensitive to boom-boom noise transmitted from the roof-top bar/disco. If you are, try to get one of the rooms not impacted by the noise.

A further caveat is that it's a small property in terms of the number of rooms, so prices can rocket as bookings come in.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You didn't. So i will.

It's a delightful property, beautifully located, - but watch out if you are sensitive to boom-boom noise transmitted from the roof-top bar/disco. If you are, try to get one of the rooms not impacted by the noise.

A further caveat is that it's a small property in terms of the number of rooms, so prices can rocket as bookings come in.
I just left the property yesterday, cut me some slack! As a spire member I was upgraded from the entry level room I booked with points, to a suite with a sea view. My award booking didn't include breakfast, but they tossed that in for me as well. When I got to the hotel a bit after midnight, there was some sort of dispute going on at the desk, some local guy tossed some $ back in the clerk's face and said he was being disrespected, so they took me to my room for check-in. I don't know if that's normal procedure or because they wanted to steer me clear of the dust up. The room was nice enough, not anything amazing, but very solid. I enjoyed the location on Marine Drive as it allowed me to walk everywhere. I never made it up to the pool/roof bar sadly, but my room on the 5th floor was in no way impacted by noise from up there. There are so many hotel options in Mumbai, that I would likely not return, but this is not due to any defect in the hotel, simply that I am not going to retain IHG status, so i'd likely go with a Bonvoy property, or something more luxury if I felt like splashing out.
IAN-UK likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Keyser
the st. regis is great with plat recognition & is the better of the two properties....its attached to a couple of malls so there are lots of shopping & eating options in the area....the itc is a bit stingy with upgrades but they have a fantastic lounge with great views of the city....the itc also tends to be a little cheaper....

you can't go wrong with either but i would give a slight edge to the st. regis....
I agree with this. They're both fine properties, but I find the St Regis has a little bit more of really good service, but with the ITC Grand Central while they have the throngs of obsequious flunkies asking you how things are going every couple of minutes, actual service seems a bit wanting. (In both, the excessive obsequiousness is something I'm not a fan of but it seems hard to avoid in India at any "five star" hotel.)

The ITC does tend to be a bit cheaper most of the time. On the flip side, the ITC is in an area where there's not much nearby in walking distance if you're in the mood for getting a bit outside the hotel or taking a walk, while the St Regis is in a very busy area next to a couple of high-end shopping malls and lots of restaurants and such nearby, which make for a welcome change from eating all the time at the (overpriced but admittedly good) restaurants in the hotel.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
My view is that the St Regis is the best hotel in Mumbai. I had a brilliant experience when I stayed.
  • Amazing views of Arabian Sea
  • Tallest building in Mumbai
  • Beautifully decorate suite
  • Stunning lobby with amazing pieces of art
  • Fantastic food
  • Rooftop terrace on 37th floor
  • Infinity pool
  • Exceptional service
I've written reviews for the Hilton Mumbai and the Grand Hyatt on my blog too. Those hotels are very good also

Grand Hyatt Mumbai

The Grand Hyatt is a georgous property, with a location near to the Busines District
Hilton Mumbai

The Hilton Mumbai is a solid airport hotel. Small but mighty!
St Regis Photos

IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.