Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight in DEL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Overnight in DEL

Hello

We are looking at a routing to Kathmandu to would include an overnight in New Delhi, arriving around midnight. Are there significant logistics concerns with getting to a hotel nearby, that late? Would it be worth breaking it up and spending 2-3 days there?

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Many international flights arrive into DEL around midnight, so you should be able to get to a hotel at that time.

Whether it is worth it is up to you, but if you haven't seen Delhi or maybe won't be back for a while, I think 2-3 days would be good to spend there. There are plenty of things to see/do.
Dalo likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i would recommend 2-3 days in delhi....there are lots of threads in this forum on what you can do in delhi....

if not then landing around midnight is not a problem....there is a hotel in the terminal as well in case you don't want to leave the airport otherwise there are tons of hotels close to the airport....
Dalo likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:17 am

I like Delhi and visit often but the polution is making it a bit unbearbale. How long to stay would depend on the itme of year you plan to visit. Polution and traffic in KTM are also terrible - so best to base yourself in Patan IMO - which has many of the best sites in any case.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:14 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the T3 international terminal building in case you just need a few hours sleep between a short overnight layover.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by AJLondon
There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the T3 international terminal building in case you just need a few hours sleep between a short overnight layover.
Any recent experience with this hotel? The reviews seem mixed, to say the least.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Tifosi
Any recent experience with this hotel? The reviews seem mixed, to say the least.
Stayed there 2 weeks ago. If your intension is just to have good night sleep and rest , it is OK place. Breakfast was decent. However, at that price, you get very good Hotel in City.
Tifosi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.