Wiki Posts
Search

Rishikesh Trip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Rishikesh Trip

So, recently I visited Rishikesh as a part of the whole let's-visit-a-place-and-write-about-it inclination.I also did some river rafting in Shivpuri, where I chose the 16 km course with 5 rapids. At Rs. 400, it was a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.In the course of the trip, we were given the opportunity to jump from the raft in the middle of a level-3 rapid.Now, I've been to Rishikesh before and done rafting before as well. Never has the instructor allowed anyone to jump while the raft is going through the rapid.My question here is: Was this an aberration? Was I simply lucky to find an accommodating (if slightly reckless) instructor or has it always been a practice? [redacted by moderator to comply with rule 7] It was a great trip, and I always love visiting Rishikesh. If anyone has suggestions for places with the same ethos as Rishikesh, I would love to hear them.Mikhil Rialch

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 19, 2018 at 2:43 am Reason: To comply with rule 7
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've been rafting a couple of times in india (once in rishikesh)....both times the instructor allowed everyone to jump out while going through a rapid....don't know what level it was at but it seemed like something they do all the time....
Old May 14, 2019, 4:22 am

Hey,

Visit Munsiyari you would love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.