Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are my options [domestic travel baggage issues BOM/HYD]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

What are my options [domestic travel baggage issues BOM/HYD]

Flying on an international flight to Mumbai and taking domestic Air India to Hyderabad. Return is the same and taking 10PM Air India flight to Mumbai. I am allowed 25 kg suitcase. That leaves me with 1 additional suitcase.

Is it better to pay or negotiate at the Hyd Airport last minute? Or can you convince your fellow traveller by giving him some money to take your suitcase?

Or is there any bus services in Hyd that can take my suitcase and meet me in Mumbai airport to drop it off?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If it's a separate ticket you will need to cough up the extra baggage charge. Air India is pretty relaxed on luggage though so I would see what happens at check-in.

If its one ticket, the international ticket baggage allowance counts.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Zulazai
Or can you convince your fellow traveller by giving him some money to take your suitcase?

Or is there any bus services in Hyd that can take my suitcase and meet me in Mumbai airport to drop it off?
seems like you are going through a lot of trouble to try & save extra baggage charges....

personally i would not try either one of the things you mentioned....if you purchase luggage from ai beforehand then it is cheaper....i would just do that....
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
seems like you are going through a lot of trouble to try & save extra baggage charges....

personally i would not try either one of the things you mentioned....if you purchase luggage from ai beforehand then it is cheaper....i would just do that....
They are quoting 8400 rupees for 1 bag (20kg) from Hyd to Mum. Does that sound right to you?

I think that's a lot when my ticket is just 2800 rupees lol.

Last edited by Zulazai; Jun 27, 2018 at 10:35 am
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

No its on different PNR as its on Air China and there's no connections to Hyd. It was either this or a far more expensive British airways ticket.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
They are quoting 8400 rupees for 1 bag (20kg) from Hyd to Mum. Does that sound right to you?

I think that's a lot when my ticket is just 2800 rupees lol.
do you have any status with star alliance????
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser

do you have any status with star alliance????
Unfortunately not. I tend to book the cheapest Airfare possible for my travels.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately not. I tend to book the cheapest Airfare possible for my travels.
unfortunately you don't have any options left....the rate is a bit on the higher side but i would pay it rather than try the other options you mentioned....
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Final question. How many bags can I take on domestic Air India? I am told I am allowed 25kgs of checked luggage.

If I have 10 + 10 kgs in 2 suitcases for my flight from Air China will I be ok? I tried to ask this question to Air India but not getting clear answers. Is there a limit on piece of suitcase for domestic flights?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No its a weight limit. You can have 5 pieces of 5 KG each, if you like.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No its a weight limit. You can have 5 pieces of 5 KG each, if you like.
Thank you so much. You literally saved me money from buying a new suitcase for my return flight. While going I wont have much luggage but this will help me from purchasing an extra one on my return flight
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:29 am

Take a train?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.