Reload this Page >

Why cannot we get deals from India to Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why cannot we get deals from India to Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:54 am

VTZ-BOM is $100 r/t. Start you travel in BOM.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Go to Google Flights and enter May 1 to Sept. 1 as the travel dates. Once it brings up the prices, click the calendar icon to the left of May 1. It will then populate the month's calendars with the lowest airfares available on each date. May 25-Sept. 28 is $975, for example.
hmm interesting as i keep trying every day..but never saw that price or as a matter fact nothing less than $1000 CAD.
the best i could find so far is $1205 with a 10hrs layover at Bombay in both ways..
https://goo.gl/flights/ouePJ

Last edited by mkannuri; Jan 31, 2018 at 8:35 pm
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueferrari
ex-Colombo (not that far away from you) is famous for excellent fares. I think at times there will always be a good deal from there to North America. (if you're willing to position yourself at both ends).

if you're only fixed on that particular route, well... good luck.
Thank you for the suggestion,
Actually, i thought that route initially as VTZ to CMB by SL airlines is very convenient but the layover in London is more than 10hrs and even no booking site is offering this ticket anyway.
I called Srilankan airlines Toronto office and they are not able to help either.
PS: they do provide the hotel accommodation in Colombo but not in London as its aircanada connection it seems.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
VTZ-BOM is $100 r/t. Start you travel in BOM.
Thanks erik,
i have looked that option as well but there are two issues
1>domestic airlines do not allow checked baggage for this price range despite onward international tickets
2>These $100 price flights are in the morning whereas the international flights from BOM/DEL are midnight or later next day...which creates more than 12+ hrs lay over...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueferrari
ex-Colombo (not that far away from you) is famous for excellent fares. I think at times there will always be a good deal from there to North America. (if you're willing to position yourself at both ends).

if you're only fixed on that particular route, well... good luck.
Thanks Blueferrari,
Actually i got excited when i saw VTZ to YYZ via CMB by SL airlines for the convenience and reasonable price..but those tickets are not issued by any OTA's due to the long layover in London and Indian citizens cannot get transit visa and cannot get hotel accommodation due to Air Canada connection from there.
I even called the SL airlines Toronto office but no luck getting the ticket issued either.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
This thread is beginning to sound an awful lot like this one (found on Reddit):

Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

I see your point,but the reason for the thread is why originating from one country is less cheaper than the other. Especially when there are no of flights and major hubs in india having little none deals or never heard about mistake fares/error fares or deep discounts.

Well, thanks for some inputs from fellow members that flights are always full from India to other destinations...that make sense to some point...but I am still surprised that I have yet to see a deal from india in the range of $600 to $900. which is common from Canada/USA to india immaterial of the season.

Also, VTZ is small but international airport where there are direct flights to Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai, Srilanka, still there are no tickets issues in these routes for unknown reasons.
I see very frequent flight deals to asia from USA/Canada in the range of $400 to $600 but never saw a connecting deal to VTZ which is the closest international airport in eastern India.

Well, to conclude the thread, I have tried all the combinations/permutations and tips/tricks mentioned in this forums, still no luck getting under $1000 from VTZ which ever route I take, will end up atleast 10hrs layover in both ways.
Really appreciate incase if you come across any other creative itinerary which brings down the price below $1k with reasonable layovers and very flexible dates/months (may/june to Sept/Oct)

Once again Thank you all for the contributions/suggestions,
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
fwiw, when looking for an answer through Kayak I reversed the direction and always came up with the same price/options.

Are you saying you can currently find <$1000 fares in one direction and the reverse flight, same days, same everything, is 30% more?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Daaayuummm....at those Y prices, I'd start looking at the J options.

I flew EK J YYZ-HYD last year for around $4k (US) R/T. Repositioned to Canada to get it...great fare, great product (A380 to DXB).

There were also some cheaper J options on airlines I knew had lesser products. Seriously, if you're seeing $1500+ in Y, poke around at either premium economy or J and see what's there. Etihad also had some attractive J fares.

BTW, I love that "they don't need a sober cab" response. I mean, who does? Just give me a stoned Uber driver... That's awesome by itself.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mkannuri
hmm interesting as i keep trying every day..but never saw that price or as a matter fact nothing less than $1000 CAD.
the best i could find so far is $1205 with a 10hrs layover at Bombay in both ways..
https://goo.gl/flights/ouePJ
Ah, that makes sense. US$975=C$1200. I'm US based.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
OP, with respect, there comes a time when it's useful to stop banging on about why things can't be the way you want them to be and accept they just are the way they are. You have been given reasons why the fares India-Canada are more expensive (demand, originating airport, etc) and why perhaps you aren't seeing many 'deals' (time of travel, limited routing options, originating airport). You've also been given some strategies (try playing around with ITA and Google flights, try different originating airports, etc). Good advice is to use your energy to try these, and book whatever is most appropriate.
florin and HMPS like this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One thing to add to my earlier post: it's *possible* that the J fares are less impacted by the dynamics of the originating airport. (e.g., J may be more in balance in terms of total demand going both ways, as opposed to high demand in a single direction)

Learn to use Matrix if you don't already know how, and go mess around with some different options.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by LondonElite
OP, with respect, there comes a time when it's useful to stop banging on about why things can't be the way you want them to be and accept they just are the way they are. You have been given reasons why the fares India-Canada are more expensive (demand, originating airport, etc) and why perhaps you aren't seeing many 'deals' (time of travel, limited routing options, originating airport). You've also been given some strategies (try playing around with ITA and Google flights, try different originating airports, etc). Good advice is to use your energy to try these, and book whatever is most appropriate.
NEXT!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
The market dictates. Full planes going one way, and not-so-full planes going the other way. Higher prices one way, and deals to be had going the other way.
Very true. Indians are traveling Internationally a whole lot more than ever. So if seats can be filled at higher prices, why offer deals?
My unaudited belief is that airlines give a late priority to changing aircraft with newer features when originating from India. Demand & Supply ! Good & Bad .
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kb9522
NEXT!
That person was so hilarious I had to see some of the other crap they were wasting their life on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.