Search

Tour Guide in Agra

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Tour Guide in Agra

Hello All,

I will be spending, essentially, 2 days and 1 night in Agra and am looking for a private tour for myself and my boyfriend to the Taj Mahal, Fort, etc.

I've been on Trip Advisor, google and all the tours I find are from Delhi to Agra. I will already be in Agra so don't need this.

Does anyone have a recommendation or should I just contact the hotel Concierge?

Thanks for any input.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the hotel will easily be able to organize one for you....the cheaper option would be to get a guide at the taj mahal ticket counter....there are guides authorized by the state & they carry a permit to demonstrate that....
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

thank you for the info.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Driver for a day

Hi,

I was just wondering, instead of a tour guide, what's the best method to hire a driver for a day to visit the different monuments around Agra itself?

I will overnight in Agra, so plan to start the day early to get to the Taj and after that visiting the other sites around Agra before my late afternoon train back to Delhi.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old May 3, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I booked a tour guide and car via Trip Advisor.

they all listed tours from Delhi, but I reached out to the guide directly and he was able to accomodate our needs.

The car is $40 usd and a private tour for the day was $100. Money well spent in my opinion - I'll know more after this weekend when I get there

I used toursbylocals and my guide is Rizwan.

If you are going later I'm happy to check back in and give you an update and any other info I may find.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta
Curious about your experience

Hi QDDawg,

I hope to get to Delhi and Agra later this year and would be very interested to hear how your experience went.

Thanks,

GA400

Originally Posted by QDDawg
Hello,

I booked a tour guide and car via Trip Advisor.

they all listed tours from Delhi, but I reached out to the guide directly and he was able to accomodate our needs.

The car is $40 usd and a private tour for the day was $100. Money well spent in my opinion - I'll know more after this weekend when I get there

I used toursbylocals and my guide is Rizwan.

If you are going later I'm happy to check back in and give you an update and any other info I may find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.