Odd experience entering on eTV visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold

Traveled to India on on eTV visa in Feb 2017. When I got to the passport control officer, things took a weird turn.

I think they didn't believe my passport was mine. The officer started asking me questions about a "previous passport" and my father's name, and other biographical data. He disappeared for long periods of time, and upon each return another more senior guy from their "back office" would appear with him and ask me the same questions while alternately staring at my passport and at me.

I was kept in this state for about an hour. Finally the second officer beyond the same counter said "all the info matches, just let him through." And they did.

Weird. No issues exiting 4 days later.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very strange....

have you ever entered india with a different passport in the past????
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It was my first trip to India.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.