Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delhi Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I was not very happy with Le Meridien. I had last stayed there about 10 years ago, at which time I found it cold and dated. I needed to be in the area for work and decided that I'd give it another go for the SPG points instead of staying at the Shangri-La. Its now even more dated (I'm sure it was very contemporary in the 80's) and I don't much like the "modernist" style; both the public spaces and the rooms didn't feel very comfortable. My room was also rather noisy, as the windows didn't seem to block out noise from outside the hotel, even though I was on the 7th floor). Lastly, the breakfast was very disappointing for an Indian high-end property. Limited selection and rather poor quality.
I have been also rather underwhelmed by LM Delhi. I'd rather stay at some of the Crowne Plazas there.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:56 am

Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:06 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Srilu Uppari
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
That is a very odd list. Definitely don't think 1,2 and 4 belong in the top 5 hotels in the city.

Some very obvious ones missing from your list are The Imperial, The Oberoi, The Taj Mahal, The Leela and The Lodhi. Just check all the Virtuoso participating hotels and you will usually get a fair idea of what is "best" in the city.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
Originally Posted by AJLondon
That is a very odd list. Definitely don't think 1,2 and 4 belong in the top 5 hotels in the city.

Some very obvious ones missing from your list are The Imperial, The Oberoi, The Taj Mahal, The Leela and The Lodhi. Just check all the Virtuoso participating hotels and you will usually get a fair idea of what is "best" in the city.
i agree....number 4 won't be in my top 10 & numbers 1 & 2 won't even be in my top 20 hotels in the city....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Best Hotels in Delhi.
1. Metropolitan Hotel.
2.Radisson Blu Plaza
3.Taj Palace.
4.Hyatt Regency
One of them, maybe, the rest....just no
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to decide between the Oberoi (not yet mentioned on this thread) and the Leela. Currently have cancelable reservations at both. Anyone got an opinion, particularly if you've stayed at both? I have reserved a club level room at both.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'm trying to decide between the Oberoi (not yet mentioned on this thread) and the Leela. Currently have cancelable reservations at both. Anyone got an opinion, particularly if you've stayed at both? I have reserved a club level room at both.
If you can get Discovery Black via MasterCard World Elite concierge, then you will have 2 level upgrade at Leela.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Both great options, stayed at both, but personally I prefer the Imperial or Taj purely for great F&B options in the properties. Some of those restaurants, (especially true in the Taj,) are definitely worth it by themselves! Note that Taj Palace club rooms are much more modern and recently renovated compared to Taj Mahal ones. Look into virtuoso if booking any of these.

Location can also be a factor. Leela and Taj Palace are more in the diplomatic area in the city center. (Wider, less congested roads, lots of roundabouts instead of traffic lights!) Taj Mahal too is very central near India Gate. The Oberoi slightly to the south.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
-------

Last edited by rtgta; May 16, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:40 pm

Best Hotels in New Delhi

Hello there,

I'm going to be in New Delhi for about a week over Christmas and wanted to stay at the nicest hotels in Delhi. I was planning to stay the entire time at the Leela Palace but now thinking whether I should split my stay and also go to The Imperial or some other Amex FHR hotels.

How is The Imperial compared to the Leela Palace? Is it worth spending a couple of days there? Would I be better off either spending the entire time at Leela or staying at another hotel like the Oberoi?

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
from a tourist point of view, the imperial has the best location....

but having said that, you can't go wrong with either the leela, imperial or the oberoi....i would gladly stay at either one....
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
from a tourist point of view, the imperial has the best location....

but having said that, you can't go wrong with either the leela, imperial or the oberoi....i would gladly stay at either one....
Thanks for the recs Keyser. I’m heading back to Delhi after about 5 years and was wondering where to stay. Between the 3 you mentioned, which would you say has the best breakfast? My kids are big fans of the large Indian breakfast spreads (which I’m hoping still exist), so that could be the differentiator for me…
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks for the recs Keyser. I’m heading back to Delhi after about 5 years and was wondering where to stay. Between the 3 you mentioned, which would you say has the best breakfast? My kids are big fans of the large Indian breakfast spreads (which I’m hoping still exist), so that could be the differentiator for me…
i like the breakfast at the leela....met a client there for breakfast a couple of weeks ago & the spread was really good....i've had dinner at both the oberoi & imperial over the last few months but can't comment on what the breakfast would be like at the moment....
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
i like the breakfast at the leela....met a client there for breakfast a couple of weeks ago & the spread was really good....i've had dinner at both the oberoi & imperial over the last few months but can't comment on what the breakfast would be like at the moment....
thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:13 pm

Leela palace was a great place to stay. But you can try the difference between staying in Imperial or Oberoi they had the best service to offer. You might change your opinion after once visiting each of them. But my first choice is to go try once imperial it's the best destination for travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.