Global Entry for Indian Citizens

Old May 30, 2016, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold
Global Entry for Indian Citizens

Any ideas how this will work?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/52512261.cms
Old May 30, 2016, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They already have GE for German citizens... pretty painless to get it.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:34 am
Original Poster

I think every approved person will need clearance from both the Indian and US Governments along with information sharing. Not sure India has these processes in place. I'm sure getting Indian side to work will be lot harder.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No, in Germany you go to the federal police to register. After they give you the go ahead, you go online with the GOES/CBP and start your application there. The DHS then asks the federal police if you registered. If they say yes, the US side starts processing your application.

All these procedures are clarified in advance before the program is launched. So I expect the procedure to be announced along with the launch. Remember any Indian with a biometric passport and a green card can use the GE system even today.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is great....i make 6-8 trips to the u.s. per year....any process to help me clear immigration quicker is greatly appreciated....
Old May 31, 2016, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Oh, great , this will come with India providing more data about more Indians (whether or not GE applicants) and others with the US than is already taking place.

Given how accurate Indian records tend to be, expect a lot more people to have a lot more travel hassles due to a lot more misleading Indian data making it into the hands of the USG.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Remember any Indian with a biometric passport and a green card can use the GE system even today.
If the Indian is accepted into a US DHS/CBP program granting GE system use. Not all Indians with US LPR status have GE system use enabled for them.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Oh, great , this will come with India providing more data about more Indians (whether or not GE applicants) and others with the US than is already taking place.

Given how accurate Indian records tend to be, expect a lot more people to have a lot more travel hassles due to a lot more misleading Indian data making it into the hands of the USG.
part of what worries me.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tomcat007
part of what worries me.
It wouldn't surprise me if a number of those ethnic Indian or Indian citizen travelers with relatively popular first and last names in India end up paying the price for this "information exchange" when it comes to their trips, domestic or international, that touch the US. Hassles due to being flagged on questionable basis increase alongside "information exchanges" with "foreign partners"
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I am hopeful the current Indian government does the needful (see what I did there?).

Jokes aside, I am a BLR implant in SoCal for a long time now. LAX is pretty much a night mare w/o TSAPre (domestic departure). So much so these days I pay the fortune to fly out of home airport(SBA).

I am so psyched with this news. I do not usually run into trouble with CBP on international arrivals (Bosnia, Nigeria, Mexico, Colombia, Cuba, Venezuela etc..you get the drift). I went to USC on F visa and it almost always comes up when they scan my passport. I am looking forward to skipping lines in TBIT . Its not at all fun at around 3 PM when 4-5 A380 land at the same time.

Update: According to this site http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/52749795.cms once could start applying by August

Last edited by daKav; Jun 17, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.