Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel to stay at Kochi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Krisflyer Gold
Which hotel to stay at Kochi

Just wanted opinions from fellow travelers on which hotel they will recommend to stay at Kochi, India - the Crowne Plaza or the Le Meridien?

Location-wise, I understand that both are almost across from each other. However, what about the state of the rooms, amenities, etc?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have never stayed at the crowne plaza but have stayed at the le méridien a bunch of times & would gladly stay there again....its an old property but the state of the rooms, etc is good, staff are helpful, location is good & price is reasonable most of the time....
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:39 am

SAJ Earth Resort, Kochi Marriott Hotel, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, Ramada Resort,Cochin these are the best option you can choose in between.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:10 am

Hi,

Vivanta By Taj, Ramada Resort and Le Meridien Kochi these are best hotel to stay at kochi.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
As Keyser has posted, the Meridien is the older of the two hotels. The Meridien is also much larger than the Crowne Plaza.
There's also a new Marriott in town about 20 mins. from the Meridien & C Plaza..
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Which is closest to tourist attractions? If one stays at le meridien, how much would a short tour of sites be for a couple of hours? Looks like hotel transfers to the airport are an expensive 2,000 rupees each way.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:57 pm

2k seems high for a car service but probably not for a hotel. The airport is far out of town to the north and the LM is on the southern end of the city. It's maybe a 45 or 50 min ride w/o traffic.

If you're looking at being closer to Fort Kochi, I might recommend you consider the Brunton Boatyard or Le Colonial. Both treated us very well. The owner of LC also owns about a half dozen other hotels in the area. We didn't go in them, but I recall they were generally well reviewed.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Darren
2k seems high for a car service but probably not for a hotel. The airport is far out of town to the north and the LM is on the southern end of the city. It's maybe a 45 or 50 min ride w/o traffic.

If you're looking at being closer to Fort Kochi, I might recommend you consider the Brunton Boatyard or Le Colonial. Both treated us very well. The owner of LC also owns about a half dozen other hotels in the area. We didn't go in them, but I recall they were generally well reviewed.
Thanks so much! I might just go with the Courtyard at the airport and just take a tour from there. Prefer to use hotel points somewhere.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:03 pm

Kochi

Kochi Marriott is nice a quick walk to buggy ride to Lulu Mall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.