Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Which hotel to stay at Kochi

Old Oct 6, 15, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Krisflyer Gold

Just wanted opinions from fellow travelers on which hotel they will recommend to stay at Kochi, India - the Crowne Plaza or the Le Meridien?

Location-wise, I understand that both are almost across from each other. However, what about the state of the rooms, amenities, etc?
Old Oct 7, 15, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have never stayed at the crowne plaza but have stayed at the le méridien a bunch of times & would gladly stay there again....its an old property but the state of the rooms, etc is good, staff are helpful, location is good & price is reasonable most of the time....
Old Oct 28, 15, 3:39 am

SAJ Earth Resort, Kochi Marriott Hotel, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, Ramada Resort,Cochin these are the best option you can choose in between.
Old Nov 17, 15, 3:10 am

Hi,

Vivanta By Taj, Ramada Resort and Le Meridien Kochi these are best hotel to stay at kochi.
Old Nov 19, 15, 6:20 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege - Silver, IHG - Spire, HH - Diamond & a wallet full of other cards
As Keyser has posted, the Meridien is the older of the two hotels. The Meridien is also much larger than the Crowne Plaza.
There's also a new Marriott in town about 20 mins. from the Meridien & C Plaza..
Old Mar 23, 16, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Which is closest to tourist attractions? If one stays at le meridien, how much would a short tour of sites be for a couple of hours? Looks like hotel transfers to the airport are an expensive 2,000 rupees each way.
Old Mar 24, 16, 2:57 pm

2k seems high for a car service but probably not for a hotel. The airport is far out of town to the north and the LM is on the southern end of the city. It's maybe a 45 or 50 min ride w/o traffic.

If you're looking at being closer to Fort Kochi, I might recommend you consider the Brunton Boatyard or Le Colonial. Both treated us very well. The owner of LC also owns about a half dozen other hotels in the area. We didn't go in them, but I recall they were generally well reviewed.
Old Mar 25, 16, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
2k seems high for a car service but probably not for a hotel. The airport is far out of town to the north and the LM is on the southern end of the city. It's maybe a 45 or 50 min ride w/o traffic.

If you're looking at being closer to Fort Kochi, I might recommend you consider the Brunton Boatyard or Le Colonial. Both treated us very well. The owner of LC also owns about a half dozen other hotels in the area. We didn't go in them, but I recall they were generally well reviewed.
Thanks so much! I might just go with the Courtyard at the airport and just take a tour from there. Prefer to use hotel points somewhere.
Old Mar 31, 16, 3:03 pm

Kochi

Kochi Marriott is nice a quick walk to buggy ride to Lulu Mall