Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai/BOM International-International Transit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Mumbai/BOM International-International Transit

Hey all, does anyone have recent (post new terminal opening) experience transiting thru BOM on an int'l-int'l itinerary? Is it still possible to get a boarding pass for a connecting int'l flight, and in a reasonable amount of time?

I have a ~2.5 hour connection in BOM. No tourist visa, and flying thru on one ticket, although on airlines that I don't believe have a "thru-check" arrangement. (AF-SA)

I will have hand baggage only. Will be arriving ~11pm, and flying out ~1:30am.

Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...mumbai-t2.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...tional-vv.html
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I saw that thread but it only covers I-D and D-I transfers, not I-I
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AwardBee
I saw that thread but it only covers I-D and D-I transfers, not I-I
my point was that there are already similar threads that exist so you would have a better chance of your question being read there as opposed to starting a new thread....
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problem, look for the international transfer desk after you deplane. Don't follow the crowds to passport check, and ask. They have a waiting area and some desks that will take care of your checkin and then you go thru security to be back in the international departure concourse. If you check luggage, make sure AF tags it to the final destination and show the tag receipt(s) when you checkin at the transfer desk.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by ermintrude; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:25 am
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

XXX-BOM-XXX would not be eligible for TWOV, you will need a visa. AAA-BOM-CCC should be no issue or hassle in the new terminal and you don't need a visa of any kind.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
xxxxxxxx

Last edited by ermintrude; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:26 am
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by oliver2002
XXX-BOM-XXX would not be eligible for TWOV, you will need a visa. AAA-BOM-CCC should be no issue or hassle in the new terminal and you don't need a visa of any kind.
Oliver - thanks for your input! Can you explain what makes a XXX-BOM-XXX itinerary ineligible for TWOV? I could not find any written rules about India/BOM TWOV eligibility.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:04 pm

TWOV requires a transit, turning back to the city you just came from is not a transit?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by oliver2002
TWOV requires a transit, turning back to the city you just came from is not a transit?
Well, actually, from the airport authority perspective, you're just TRANSITING through their airport, and not staying in the country. Don't think they care about whether or not you're returning to the same airport.

Have you tried to do a turnaround at BOM and ran into this issue (requiring a visa?) Have you heard from others who needed this?

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:03 am

AAI doesn't care about your visa status, the airline taking you to India needs to verify if you need a visa. So when you board your flight in XXX to fly XXX-BOM-XXX the airline will ask for your visa and deny boarding when you don't have one. The GoI requires airlines to transmit the visa data, including those that intend to transit without visa. More here: http://boi.gov.in/content/apis-advan...rmation-system
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:44 am

Thanks Oliver.
I called the airline (DL), and they confirmed that a pax transiting through BOM (Intl-Intl) does not require a visa per TWOV, and therefore should not have an issue at check in.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Are you on one ticket?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Are you on one ticket?
This trip was going to be on one ticket. Sounded like it was more hassle than it was worth, so I ended up going with a different MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.