Wiki Posts
Search

India Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
India Itinerary

Hello Going to India in May and have the following trip itinerary planned out. I'd appreciate any feedback of things I'm missing, things i could skip, anything really.

Day 01
Flight

Day 02
Flight Layover - AMM 4:45 PM

Day 03
DEL Arrival 4:35 AM
Car Rental
Hyatt Regency New Delhi
Qutab Minar
Swaminarayan Akshardham
Humayun’s Tomb
Red Fort (Lal Quila)
Indian Accent

Day 04
Drive to Jaipur
-4 hours 264 km
The Oberoi Rajvilas
Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds)
Royal Gaitor Tumbas
Bazaars

Day 05
Amer (Fort and Palace)
Jaigarh (The older fort)
Jalmahal (the palace on the lake) for a photo op.
Samode palace (murals, frescoes and glasswork)
Pigeons on the Albert Hall
City Palace (the living Palace)
Jantar Mantar (The Royal Observatory)

Day 06
Drive to The Oberoi Vanyavilas
-2 hours 20 minutes - 140 km
The Oberoi Vanyavilas
Safari
-3:30 PM - 6:30 PM

Day 07
Safari
-6:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Resort Pool
Safari

Day 08
Safari
Resort Pool
Safari

Day 09
Safari
Galta Monkey Temple
Abhaneri Step Well
Drive to The Oberoi Amarvilas
-4 hours 27 minutes
Hotel: The Oberoi Amarvilas

Day 10
Sunrise Taj Mahal
Explore Taj Mahal
Agra Fort
Fatehpur Sikri
Resort Pool
Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity

Day 11
Resort Pool
Wildlife SOS
Drive: to New Delhi
- 2 hours 42 minutes - 218 km
Rental Car Return
Airport Hotel (TBD)

Day 12
Flight
-DEL 5:55 AM
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there are tons of threads that already exist on this topic....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...rary-help.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...epart-del.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...ting-year.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...itinerary.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...rary-help.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...preciated.html
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

You got me Keyser.... I checked the top few and the first reply is by you saying to check the other posts. Nice trolling.

FWIW I'm asking advice about my specific itinerary. Looking at someone else's itinerary does not help me unless I did not have an itinerary and was looking to build one.

Big pet peeve of mine is when people say search the forum or theres tons of threads on this already and all the threads say search the forum.

And obviously i've already done research and read the helpful threads (hence my almost completed itinerary).
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Joe Butch
You got me Keyser.... I checked the top few and the first reply is by you saying to check the other posts. Nice trolling.

FWIW I'm asking advice about my specific itinerary. Looking at someone else's itinerary does not help me unless I did not have an itinerary and was looking to build one.

Big pet peeve of mine is when people say search the forum or theres tons of threads on this already and all the threads say search the forum.

And obviously i've already done research and read the helpful threads (hence my almost completed itinerary).
i guess you only checked the top few....had to bothered to check the rest then you would have realised that i have provided information in those threads....if the same question is repeated in new threads then i will point you to the older existing ones....

big pet peeve of mine is when people start new threads when similar ones already exist....i never asked you to look at someone else's itinerary....my point was that there is no need to start another thread when you can post in an already existing thread....adding to the already existing threads makes it easier for others looking for similar answers in the future....its so much more helpful when all the information is in one thread as compared to multiple threads....its not trolling, its common sense....
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
'Indian itineraries' and 'Connections at Indian airports' seems to have a new thread every time I look. I agree with Keyser as it would be very helpful if these topics had a single thread each. It would make searching a lot easier.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

What you're suggesting is that I hijack their threads.

All itineraries are not the same. So me asking advice on my specific itinerary within a thread of someone asking advice on their specific itinerary can potentially be confusing.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All itineraries are not the same. So me asking advice on my specific itinerary within a thread of someone asking advice on their specific itinerary can potentially be confusing.
not all stays at a hotel are the the same....2 people can have very different experiences at the same hotel....but if new threads were started each time then it would get very confusing....

i an not suggesting nor did i ever suggest that you follow someone else itinerary....all i said was that there are a number of threads that already exist on the same topic....if people shared their itineraries on an already existing thread then not only is there a better chance that it would be seen by more people but it would be easier for others in the future to find answers or suggestions on a similar topic....

people can share different itineraries about visiting similar places without hijacking a thread....its just a suggestion....you are free to follow or ignore it....personal attacks however are not warranted....
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
not all stays at a hotel are the the same....2 people can have very different experiences at the same hotel....but if new threads were started each time then it would get very confusing....

i an not suggesting nor did i ever suggest that you follow someone else itinerary....all i said was that there are a number of threads that already exist on the same topic....if people shared their itineraries on an already existing thread then not only is there a better chance that it would be seen by more people but it would be easier for others in the future to find answers or suggestions on a similar topic....

people can share different itineraries about visiting similar places without hijacking a thread....its just a suggestion....you are free to follow or ignore it....personal attacks however are not warranted....
I appologize if my last reply came off as a personal attack. It was not meant to be. I was just debating the concept of posting in someone elses thread.

Yes if there was a [India Itinerary Threads go here] thread that would be a bit different and I would agree that would be the proper place for any threads related to itineraries.

Have a nice day.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I appologize if my last reply came off as a personal attack. It was not meant to be. I was just debating the concept of posting in someone elses thread.

Yes if there was a [India Itinerary Threads go here] thread that would be a bit different and I would agree that would be the proper place for any threads related to itineraries.

Have a nice day.
fair enough....perhaps the mods can merge the existing threads into one....i'll leave it to their discretion....
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

Your specific itinerary is very similar as it includes India as a destination, so it is best to post in other threads in the India forum about itineraries.
(then again, I usually do not have too many questions as I know what to do when I am there.)
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Your specific itinerary is very similar as it includes India as a destination, so it is best to post in other threads in the India forum about itineraries.
(then again, I usually do not have too many questions as I know what to do when I am there.)
lol why is everyone trolling me today.

My specific India Itinerary that is posted in the India section is very similar to other Itineraries in the India section because it includes India as a destination.

i give up. mods please close thread.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
You are doing a typical delhi agra jaipur itinerary. During what's going to be the hottest part of the year and you'll be passing through the hottest parts of India (including at least 30% of your time in and around deserts).

I sure hope you packed lots of salt pills and sunblock, you're going to need them.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hserus
You are doing a typical delhi agra jaipur itinerary. During what's going to be the hottest part of the year and you'll be passing through the hottest parts of India (including at least 30% of your time in and around deserts).

I sure hope you packed lots of salt pills and sunblock, you're going to need them.
May 1st departure but yeah. Gotta do it for best chances for tiger sightings.

Is the salt pills a real tip? I never considered that before. Is it because of all the water I'd be drinking?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Stick to bottled water and that should be fine. To avoid dehydration and to stay hydrated especially in case of heatstroke or diarrhea.. Salt pills or just stock up on Gatorade or similar at a delhi supermarket. Or get electral or other electrolyte powder at a pharmacy.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:31 pm

Personally? In Delhi, skip Arkshardham- I found it to be basically a commercialized tourist trap. And no cameras allowed inside the grounds anywhere. I preferred the Lotus Temple for its serenity. The rest of Delhi looks good- I've been to all of the places listed and enjoyed it. The comments about the heat are absolutely justified- it's brutally hot (110F+), the humidity is 80%+, and the temples are not air conditioned. Take TONS of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.