FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1511193-mumbai-csia-bom-connection-departure-experience-reports.html)

Savage25 Jan 12, 2013 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Paul Rolton (Post 20028254)

I would be arriving into the international terminal at 11:45 with British Airways and then leaving for Jaipur at 14:55 with Go Air from terminal T1B. Is this enough time?

I have done this exact transfer in August. Plenty of time - I was at the GoAir checkin counters around 1pm after taking the shuttle with luggage.

Paul Rolton Jan 12, 2013 2:04 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 20029154)
Welcome to FT Paul :)

You can transfer intl arrivals to domestic departure by the airport shuttle which runs between the two terminals.. this is FoC and you need to show your domestic departure tckt / boarding pass to get into the bus.. this is a bus and it takes a route within the airport boundaries so u also save on the outside traffic and associated trouble and cost of limo / taxi service.

3 hrs that time of the day is quite easy IMHO..

Originally Posted by Savage25 (Post 20030267)
I have done this exact transfer in August. Plenty of time - I was at the GoAir checkin counters around 1pm after taking the shuttle with luggage.

Thank you both for the replies :) From what you and abhilife2001write (thank you for the welcome :) ), I don't have to go landside/though immigration etc? I am a bit confused with the whole affair. I am purchasing the tickets separately and BA told me that they cannot check my luggage all the way though to Jaipur, so as I understand it, and from what I read, the following will occur:
I will arrive and T2 -> get off the plane -> collect my luggage -> go though immigration/customs -> find and get on the shuttle bus to T1 -> get to T1 -> find the Go Air counter -> check my luggage and get my already printed out (web checkin) boarding card stamped -> go though security -> find the Go Air gate and hopefully get on the plane.
Do I have this timeline/to-do correct? Or already having the webcheckin boarding pass I can skip the immigration/customs at T2 and head straight for the bus after getting my luggage? I am worried about the immigration at T2 and security at T1 really as I know those can really delay you depending on the day ect. Would greatly appreciate a helping.. well... advice in this case, as I want to buy the tickets as soon as.

Thank you again,

Paul

abhilife2001 Jan 12, 2013 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Paul Rolton (Post 20030338)
I will arrive and T2 -> get off the plane -> collect my luggage -> go though immigration/customs -> find and get on the shuttle bus to T1 -> get to T1 -> find the Go Air counter -> check my luggage and get my already printed out (web checkin) boarding card stamped -> go though security -> find the Go Air gate and hopefully get on the plane.
Do I have this timeline/to-do correct? Or already having the webcheckin boarding pass I can skip the immigration/customs at T2 and head straight for the bus after getting my luggage? I am worried about the immigration at T2 and security at T1 really as I know those can really delay you depending on the day ect. Would greatly appreciate a helping.. well... advice in this case, as I want to buy the tickets as soon as.

Thank you again,

Paul

Made some change marked in bold below..
I will arrive and T2 -> get off the plane -> go through immigration -> collect my luggage -> go though customs -> find and get on the shuttle bus to T1 -> get to T1 -> find the Go Air counter -> check my luggage and get my already printed out (web checkin) boarding card stamped -> go though security -> find the Go Air gate and hopefully get on the plane.

You need to clear immigration and customs.. no way to avoid that ..
You will have ample time I feel specially at that time of the day..

Paul Rolton Jan 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 20031550)
Made some change marked in bold below..
I will arrive and T2 -> get off the plane -> go through immigration -> collect my luggage -> go though customs -> find and get on the shuttle bus to T1 -> get to T1 -> find the Go Air counter -> check my luggage and get my already printed out (web checkin) boarding card stamped -> go though security -> find the Go Air gate and hopefully get on the plane.

You need to clear immigration and customs.. no way to avoid that ..
You will have ample time I feel specially at that time of the day..

Thanks a lot for your help abhilife2001 :)
I finally got through to someone at CSIA that could answer my questions and they too confirmed the process as you have outlined it above and also confirmed that the 3 hours should be plenty of time, especially if I do web-checkin before hand.
I have booked my tickets and am looking forward to the trip. Will post my transfer experiences at Mumbai here after I get back. Thanks again for all the help.

Paul

abhilife2001 Jan 13, 2013 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Paul Rolton (Post 20033645)
Thanks a lot for your help abhilife2001 :)
I finally got through to someone at CSIA that could answer my questions and they too confirmed the process as you have outlined it above and also confirmed that the 3 hours should be plenty of time, especially if I do web-checkin before hand.
I have booked my tickets and am looking forward to the trip. Will post my transfer experiences at Mumbai here after I get back. Thanks again for all the help.

Paul

Urw.. Hope u have a nice trip..cheers A

Havebabywilltravel Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Transfering with Baby

Hi,

This is my first time posting on this forum though I have been reading it a lot during my previous travels and it has helped me a lot.

I will be doing Singapore - Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai - Singapore with my 18 month old baby. We are travelling via Air India all the way and have around 6 and half hours in between flights both on our way to goa and back.

Are there any sort of baby play areas / entertainment options / childcare rooms on any of the terminals? Would they allow a stroller on the free transfer bus between the international and domestic terminals?

Has anyone done this sort of transfer with a child before and what was your experience? Any particular things I should prepare for?

Thanks in advance for any help as I'm quite stressed about this travel and long stopover at the Mumbai airport.

abhilife2001 Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Havebabywilltravel (Post 20063823)
Hi,

Are there any sort of baby play areas / entertainment options / childcare rooms on any of the terminals? Would they allow a stroller on the free transfer bus between the international and domestic terminals?

Welcome to FT :)

IIRCthe airport toilets have a child care facility in the new domestic terminal where you can change diapers etc..
I don't recall seeing any distinct play areas or entertainment options though I guess watching different people on the move will be in itself an entertaining experience for a 18months old baby ;)
Yes, stroller would be allowed on the free shuttle service..

sp1991 Feb 22, 2013 11:11 pm

hello guys .

i have flight for ahmedabad to dallas(usa) next week.we are first time flyers . i have some queries .

details.

Ahmadabad to Mumbai .( JET AIRWAYS - 9W 2004) . will arrive at Mumbai airport terminal 1B at 8 pm.

then i have flight from Mumbai international terminal 2 of British airways at 2.45 am.

q.1 do i have to transfer checked in luggage from domestic terminal to international terminal ? or British airways staff will do it ?

q.2 will an itinerary will sufficient for bus transfer ? coz i dont think so that i will get all boarding passes from Ahmadabad airport.

q3. my process should be like this ? get of the plane at T1b.> find luggage > check in luggage at desk for shutle bus transfer > reach international terminal 2 > British airways air counter > check in luggage > immigration /customs >departure gate

any suggestions guys for my next journey ?

thnx in advance

hyderago Feb 23, 2013 10:59 am

Originally Posted by sp1991 (Post 20301067)
q.1 do i have to transfer checked in luggage from domestic terminal to international terminal ? or British airways staff will do it ?

You have to transfer the luggage yourself.

q.2 will an itinerary will sufficient for bus transfer ? coz i dont think so that i will get all boarding passes from Ahmadabad airport.

Showing your itinerary is fine.

q3. my process should be like this ? get of the plane at T1b.> find luggage > check in luggage at desk for shutle bus transfer > reach international terminal 2 > British airways air counter > check in luggage > immigration /customs >departure gate

You have described the process correctly. It is very easy-just be aware of what is going on and you'll be fine.

sp1991 Feb 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by hyderago (Post 20303245)
You have to transfer the luggage yourself.

Showing your itinerary is fine.

You have described the process correctly. It is very easy-just be aware of what is going on and you'll be fine.

thnk you :)

i have 1 another qun. do i have to transfer my luggage at london hethrrow airport ?

i have flight ba 138 from mumbai to london. landing at 7 am (uk time :) and i have BA 1504 (operated by American airline ) from London (9.45 am ) to dallas.

i have to change terminal at london airport .cz my flight will land at T5 and take off new from T3.

q.2 and if anybody know., how much us $ i can carry ? i know that costumes and border protection usa will allow me to enter usa anything less then 10000 usd. coz i have immigrant visa..but i dont know about mumbai and london. anybody please help me .

hyderago Feb 24, 2013 5:32 am

Originally Posted by sp1991 (Post 20305533)
i have 1 another qun. do i have to transfer my luggage at london hethrrow airport ?

No, your luggage will automatically be transferred for you in LHR. Once you check-in in T2 at BOM, you will not see your luggage until you pick it up in DFW.

Originally Posted by sp1991 (Post 20305533)
q.2 and if anybody know., how much us $ i can carry ? i know that costumes and border protection usa will allow me to enter usa anything less then 10000 usd. coz i have immigrant visa..but i dont know about mumbai and london. anybody please help me .

I think the limit is also $10k for India and the US, but will let more knowledgeable folks confirm.

oliver2002 Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

You can carry more than 10 000 US$ on your person, but just need to declare it to customs of the country you are leaving and/or entering.

So this would apply to India and the US, UK is just a transit point, and since you are not entering the country you will be fine:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriv...aring-cash.htm

For the US: Note that the 10000 limit applies to assets with you, not just cash, so fill out the US form and have it handy to submit: http://www.fincen.gov/forms/files/fin105_cmir.pdf
This form is meant to stop money laundering practices so reporting what you have with you will not lead to questioning, but may be reported to the IRS.

For India: other than visitors, you are not allowed to export foreign currency unless you bought the currency through legal channels. See page 14 on this guide: http://www.cbec.gov.in/Guide.pdf

sp1991 Feb 27, 2013 7:57 pm

thnx for help guys :)

should i check in online 24 hour before for bombay -london flight ? or should i check in at airport ? which is good option ?

umichguy May 10, 2013 4:45 am

Hey fellas,

Hope you don't mind me asking a question.

I am currently scheduled to fly to HYD for a short business trip and the routing (which has already been booked) is the following:

LHR (21:25) - BOM (11:00)
BOM (12:55) - HYD (14:15)

This has been booked through 9W. Since I've never been to BOM and transferred there, you guys think the 1:55hrs is enough for the intl - domestic transfer? I am assuming my checked-in luggage is going to be through checked to HYD and I actually don't have to collect it myself and re-check it.

Any ideas and opinions?

Keyser May 10, 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by umichguy (Post 20727688)
Hey fellas,

Hope you don't mind me asking a question.

I am currently scheduled to fly to HYD for a short business trip and the routing (which has already been booked) is the following:

LHR (21:25) - BOM (11:00)
BOM (12:55) - HYD (14:15)

This has been booked through 9W. Since I've never been to BOM and transferred there, you guys think the 1:55hrs is enough for the intl - domestic transfer? I am assuming my checked-in luggage is going to be through checked to HYD and I actually don't have to collect it myself and re-check it.

Any ideas and opinions?

personally, i would not try this in 2 hours....