Mumbai International Clipper Lounge opp Gate 14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM

am comfortably seated in the Clipper Lounge opp Gate 14 at Mumbai/ BOM International airport. No crowds .. just a handful of folks at 6.30am.

What a difference from being here at 10 pm to 1 am when taking flights to Europe? at that time there is no place to sit and the lounge is overcrowded, hot and many time standing room only.

It took 15 minutes from check in at Indigo to going through immigration, then going through security and finally getting into the lounge.

Bonus is now the Clipper lounge has it's own wifi system, so no need to sms the other provider from a cell phone and wait for an activation.

By the way ... am using Priority Pass to access the BOM Clipper lounge.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i would have to agree....unfortunately, most lounges in places like bom & del turn into a zoo in the evening hours....
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
This lounge is listed as a Priority Pass lounge on their website, but they've turned me away twice. Of course, this was in the middle of the night when loads are at a maximum, but instead of saying there wasnt room, they said that they didn't participate in the PP program anymore.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
This lounge is listed as a Priority Pass lounge on their website, but they've turned me away twice. Of course, this was in the middle of the night when loads are at a maximum, but instead of saying there wasnt room, they said that they didn't participate in the PP program anymore.
Yeah they turn away Mastercard holders also during peak hours and only give access to business/first. Very embarrassing as I was flying with a friend who was in Economy but entitled to access the lounge through her card. Finally had to request a Jet supervisor who reluctantly spoke to them.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:03 am

It's not just credit card eligibles who are turned away. When I went to Hong Kong earlier this year, I didn't bother with the lounge, but a friend, who was flying Jet in paid J did.

When he got to Jet's lounge at Sahar, they were turning people away because they were full. "Go sit in a restaurant sir". Wow.

Of course, it didn't end there. Boarding was by jam-packed bus and the plane was parked as far to the right of the airport as possible. Plus ça change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.