Wiki Posts
Search

OCI card printed wrong

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
OCI card printed wrong

I understand this is not an immigration forum but just wondering, if this is a one-off case or happens often... my OCI card shows nationality as "IND" whereas I hold US passport (duh!). I didn't even notice it until Indian immigration official pointed it on my out.

Any suggestions how to take care of this?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:21 pm

Looks like it needs to be replaced although you did not have problem entering India. Are the details on your OCI visa in your passport correct?

I suggest you contact the consulate where the OCI was issued. AFAIK OCI cards are printed in Delhi and then dispatched to consulates abroad.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
stuff like this happens all the time....i've had misprinted names on visas in the past....it's not something to be worried about....just point out the mistake to them & they will reissue a new one....
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
Everything else is right. It's just the citizenship that's wrong.

I did not have a problem entering or leaving India except for the official pointed it out with a smug look on my way out.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:13 pm

First time i got my passport, my entire address was wrong... they just wrote the correct address on 1st visa page and signed underneath, ever since i have used that page as address proof instead of the main address page on passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.