Wiki Posts
Search

A week of India - Bro trip 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
A week of India - Bro trip 2013

Every year since college, me and my friends have taken some sort of intercontinental trip together. Last year was an epic road trip along Route 66 from Chicago to LA...

This years trip will be India&Nepal and we're looking for advice on what to see.

7APR: Mumbai
8APR: Delhi
9APR: Delhi/Agra
10APR: Kathmandu
11APR: Kathmandu/Mumbai
12APR: Mumbai
13APR: Fly home

Any advice on sights worthwhile to see along the way would be highly appreciated, as well as hotel advice. We're looking at approx 100usd per night for 3 pax room.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You picked the frigging hottest month of the year to come to India? What were you smoking, my friend?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You picked the frigging hottest month of the year to come to India? What were you smoking, my friend?
agreed....april is not a good time to be in india....
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
it is when we could manage to get the guys together
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:15 am

That, and you're traveling an awful lot. Any chance of dropping Nepal and going some other time? I think I would do just Mumbai, Delhi and Agra. Maybe also Jaipur.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Darren
That, and you're traveling an awful lot. Any chance of dropping Nepal and going some other time? I think I would do just Mumbai, Delhi and Agra. Maybe also Jaipur.
i would drop mumbai altogether....just do delhi, agra & jaipur for a short 5-6 day trip....
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
itinerary is too cluttered. Also seems like a poor choice for a "bro trip," there's virtually no nightlife in Agra, and the options in Delhi and Kathmandu are underwhelming to say the least.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
+1 . Especially when compared to options like BKK etc.
I will also suggest Goa as an alternative location.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:09 am

delhi has a good nightlife if you know your way around,i live in delhi only!may-june and not april is the hottest time in india!cheers
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by varunmishra0208
delhi has a good nightlife if you know your way around,i live in delhi only!may-june and not april is the hottest time in india!cheers
april, may & june are all hot & it's definitely the worst time to visit this part of the country....
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
I am assuming by Bro trip that nightlife, parties and women are the primary objective (I am probably not older than you, I know how these work) Anyway from what I have been reading a lot of night spots seem to be closed by 12-1am, some nightclubs in the highest end hotels are about the only option for late night (if you can afford it all the better) In all honesty though if a party scene is what you want, you are probably better off exploring Thailand.

If I am mistaken and you are there for history and culture, you are probably cramming a lot in. I am reading Indian airports are often a mess and trains are not the most punctual. Their is a lot of "hurry up and wait" in India. Best of luck with the trip.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by millsdale
I am assuming by Bro trip that nightlife, parties and women are the primary objective (I am probably not older than you, I know how these work) Anyway from what I have been reading a lot of night spots seem to be closed by 12-1am, some nightclubs in the highest end hotels are about the only option for late night (if you can afford it all the better) In all honesty though if a party scene is what you want, you are probably better off exploring Thailand.

If I am mistaken and you are there for history and culture, you are probably cramming a lot in. I am reading Indian airports are often a mess and trains are not the most punctual. Their is a lot of "hurry up and wait" in India. Best of luck with the trip.
while in general i agree with pretty much everything in your post, not all indian airports are a mess & the trains are pretty punctual, atleast the ones to the popular routes are....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.