Wiki Posts
Search

AA in Delhi question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2M, DL GM
AA in Delhi question

I'll be flying in & out of Delhi soon, on AA in business class. Will I have access to any club lounges? When I made the reservation I was told yes, they have a sharing agreement with a club there, but when I called yesterday to ask for more details I was told no, there is a Flagship lounge for first class only but nothing for business class flyers.

I'm also AA Platinum and an Admiral's Club member if that makes any difference.

Failing all else, is there a premium lounge available that lets you buy a day pass? We have a seven-hour layover on the way home and do not relish just hanging around the terminal.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Yes - most lounges in DEL are contract lounges and will let you in for 10..15 USD

If you have 7 hours in DEL best to exit the terminal and hang around a hotel lobby, get dinner etc.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my uncle flew aa business a few weeks ago....he had access to the kingfisher lounge, which basically is at the coffee bean at the moment....
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
my uncle flew aa business a few weeks ago....he had access to the kingfisher lounge, which basically is at the coffee bean at the moment....
Was he connecting to a Kingfisher flight? I asked AA about that and they said you can only use the Kingfisher lounge if you're connecting to them. Unfortunately when I booked this trip AA had not yet set up their code-sharing agreement with Kingfisher so my connecting flight is on Jet Air.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hserus
Yes - most lounges in DEL are contract lounges and will let you in for 10..15 USD
Which of them would you recommend as the best, in terms of quietness and comfort?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by saltimbocca
Was he connecting to a Kingfisher flight? I asked AA about that and they said you can only use the Kingfisher lounge if you're connecting to them. Unfortunately when I booked this trip AA had not yet set up their code-sharing agreement with Kingfisher so my connecting flight is on Jet Air.
no connections....it was a direct ord-del-ord aa flight....
Old Jan 15, 2011, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

For anyone else interested in this - although AA in the US said we had no club access, at check-in we asked about it and were given passes to the Kingfisher lounge - and a very nice one it is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.