How many days at the Taj Mahal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by PTravel
My suggestion:

3 nights in Delhi, 1 night in Agra, 2 nights in Jaipur. Rather than fly to Mumbai, I'd recommend sticking in Rajasthan. There are a lot of interesting cities. Udaipur and Jaisalmar are particularly interesting.
Thx for the suggestion! Why not Mumbai though?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PTravel
My suggestion:

3 nights in Delhi, 1 night in Agra, 2 nights in Jaipur. Rather than fly to Mumbai, I'd recommend sticking in Rajasthan. There are a lot of interesting cities. Udaipur and Jaisalmar are particularly interesting.
i woud do 2 nights in delhi, 1 in agra & 3 in jaipur....

i complete agree with sticking to rajasthan over mumbai....

Originally Posted by lsquare
Thx for the suggestion! Why not Mumbai though?
what are you looking to see in mumbai????rajasthan is way better for a tourist....ptravel suggested udaipur & jaisalmer besides jaipur....these are great places to spend a few days in....
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by saad
i woud do 2 nights in delhi, 1 in agra & 3 in jaipur....

i complete agree with sticking to rajasthan over mumbai....

what are you looking to see in mumbai????rajasthan is way better for a tourist....ptravel suggested udaipur & jaisalmer besides jaipur....these are great places to spend a few days in....
Thx!

I keep on hearing Mumbai in the news and I thought why not. I mean, it is the financial capital of India and I should probably visit it at least once in my lifetime.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thx!

I keep on hearing Mumbai in the news and I thought why not. I mean, it is the financial capital of India and I should probably visit it at least once in my lifetime.
if i had a choice between delhi, rajasthan, agra & mumbai then mumbai would be last on my list....
Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by saad
if i had a choice between delhi, rajasthan, agra & mumbai then mumbai would be last on my list....
+1..

Thx!

u hear it in the news because its as u said the financial capital.. but as a tourist if u r already in rajasthan, then u might as well see more places there.. its beautifu.. mumbai u can visit sooner or later since that is a big int transit hub for transitting within India or maybe u can route some flight thru there..
or maybe u can take ur return flight out of Mumbai instead of Del.. most (if not all) airlines that fly to DEL also fly to BOM..@:-)
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'll echo the one night in Agra idea. We took a morning train down from Delhi, had all day in town to see the other bits and then did sunrise at the Taj and left around noon. It was a pretty good itinerary IMO.

Not only is the view phenomenal at sunrise but you're also there before many of the say-trip buses show up so it is incredibly quiet and peaceful. We were amongst the first through the gates that morning and being able to see the Taj with no one around was truly special.

We stayed at the Hotel Sheela which is inside the no-car zone in Agra. It is cheap and very basic but clean enough to meet my needs for the night. And since it is 100 meters from the gate to the Taj it meant we could wake up at 5:45am and still be at the front door for the 6am opening.

Remember that the Taj is closed on Fridays when putting your itinerary together. We chose to arrive in Agra on Friday and do the Taj on Saturday because of this.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12

Not only is the view phenomenal at sunrise ....
Thanks for the photos. However, the said link leads to a page that allows viewing of only 1 large photo. When click on other thumbnails, it shows only an error message.

Originally Posted by sbm12
We stayed at the Hotel Sheela
Do they have a web site?

All the tidbits are great info. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.